Spring MOD update

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
During the winter month's Postban started a thread asking what people were doing over the winter month's. I will start a mini-blog and see where it goes.

I've got my diff. radiator and pump mounted. My rear pumpkin+3.73's+T2R are at Reider Racing being rebuilt. I stopped today at BFHQ and got my pulley hub swapped out (3.65 for 3.65). Time for some idlers and gauges this weekend. Now for some recognition: a big thanks to Doug for the swap tonight, and the bottle of Batch 7000. I finally dropped off the six pack I've been saving for Doug; unfortunately ;-) he wouldn't let me leave without drinking one.

PS: Doug wishes everyone well from exile; he will see us at the next MCT beer night.

Another suprise awaited me at home - my wife stopped at the store today and picked up a some of the new batch of Oberon. Gotta keep her for a few more years now :beer: . Well enough of my breaking my new years eve vow.

What are you doing this spring?

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
What about the front diff bushings that need the lathe treatment? If you can meet up w/ me friday I can do it at work saturday. I could return them to you saturday afternoon.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Oberon huh, have to snag some. Had some Sams BLACK ALE, pretty good. Kev got me paying attention to Sierra Nevada PA.

I'm working 12's, no wrench time. Tons left to do.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I finished my winter mods on the cobra. My spring mods might be for the cobalt, I should be getting an orange billetflow pulley, injectors and tune going as soon as GM releases the stage 2 kit in the next month or so.

By the end of this summer the cobra will probably get a Pfab, K member brace, and I'm sure I'm going to need a new clutch soon. So when that happens, I may have the diff rebuilt because I think I've got the one wheel peel. Maybe even some gears when that happens.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
I've heard many people say oberon was good, I'll have to try some.

As far as my car goes I'm waiting on a few parts to come in and then I'll try to host a mod party perhaps.(All I need is my blower and a bap, and a few misc small parts)

Blue03

Established Member
Jpjr said:
doug is in exile? :shrug:

What's up with that???? Anyway, nothing planned, too much to do with my older cars. Maybe a T-body if Doug gets them finished.

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Oberon is a good beer, not a great beer. More importantly it signifies springtime. There are actually release parties throughout the Midwest for Oberon.

According to Beeradvocate.com, Bell's 2 Hearted is the #1 American made IPA. :D

As far as the other question, mct backroom.

Jpjr

Established Member
Snakebite said:
Don't see anything there... :shrug:

i think he really does mean, in a small dimly lit smokey back room somewhere with guiness cans and car parts littering the floor. :-D

Blue03

Established Member
I can't seem to get in to the back room. I have the password and have copied it directly from the E-mail I received awhile back. Anyone else having this issue?? :shrug:

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Blue03 said:
I can't seem to get in to the back room. I have the password and have copied it directly from the E-mail I received awhile back. Anyone else having this issue?? :shrug:

Remember to use apostrophes and spaces where applicable... ;-)

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
What about the mods?????????? :poke:

On the other hand I have heard from a couple of people that this year's Oberon is very tasty. :beer:

Jpjr

Established Member
April mods: Tubular k-member, front coil-overs, front control arms, 7qt pan modified for turbos, urethane motor mounts, removal of MRT mid-pipe, plus possibly some bracket modding.

July mods: All oil and cooling mods: Evans, ODB, remote filter, etc etc etc.

Sadly, no end in sight for my turbo build now that I'm relocating to Khalifornia

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Are you taking the Cobra to CA? I don't think you will be able to drive it on the street...they impound cars with less mods then what you plan.

Users who are viewing this thread