Spring question

TRMach1

Established Member
I just installed sr springs along with a bmr pan hard bar and did not cut the bump stomps. I feel like the ride is definitely bouncier. Is this because I'm still on stock shocks and struts?. Bmr lca and relocation brackets will be going on this weekend.

Thanks

scotmach

Established Member
It's a combination of the stock shocks/struts and sub par springs at best. Those springs are cheap for a reason.

TRMach1

Established Member
The springs are cheap and I wouldn't say they are the best but SirJAG right above you has the same problem and he has BMR springs which are $100 more than the sr ones and seeing that they are from BMR I would say that they are of good quality.

BMR Tech

Cut the bump stops on the rear.

Takes 5 minutes, and I bet you will get a better ride. I doubt BMR Spring good, ride, but it should not be as bouncy.

IF that does not help, you will want to grab new dampers. To be honest, I always recommend new dampers when using aftermarket lowering springs.

Good luck!

TRMach1

Established Member
Cut the bump stops on the rear.

Takes 5 minutes, and I bet you will get a better ride. I doubt BMR Spring good, ride, but it should not be as bouncy.

IF that does not help, you will want to grab new dampers. To be honest, I always recommend new dampers when using aftermarket lowering springs.

Good luck!

Thank you I'll go ahead and try that, I'm definitely getting new dampers I just need to find some good inexpensive ones.

AMWill

I just installed sr springs along with a bmr pan hard bar and did not cut the bump stomps. I feel like the ride is definitely bouncier. Is this because I'm still on stock shocks and struts?. Bmr lca and relocation brackets will be going on this weekend.

Thanks

Hey TR,

Great question and Kelly is definitely onto something.

Notching back the bump stops has a chance of fixing your issue and given the fact that it is a quick 5 minute mod you have nothing to lose!

To get a little more into it, the SR springs are designed for use on the 2005 to 2010 GT & V6 Mustangs Coupes. They will also fit 2011 and newer GT & V6 Coupes when used in combination with Ford Racing M-18183-C upper strut mounts and M-18000-A dampers which are sold seperately.

I would recommend starting with the bump stops and going from there!

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

-Will

Heuristic

Established Member
My car is way too bouncy and I'm thinking I need to just lift the rear and cut the bump stops, but is there a better solution? I thought I saw Eibach selling an aftermarket bump stop or something one time but I can't find it now?

BMR Tech

Bouncy will typically be a common symptom of a spring that is a little of the soft side (floaty) - or a little on the stiff side (jittery)

If you are riding on the stops, it will definitely be a "stiff" and jittery ride. If you are close to them, and bottoming out, it will be occasional harsh "bump" feelings.

My recommendation is to check the car out on a drive on lift, or ramps, and try to ensure you have atleast 1.75" gap from the stop, to the chassis. I personally prefer 2" to 2.25"

Users who are viewing this thread