Spring time upgrades - front suspension

weaselp1

Established Member
Since the snow is finally starting to melt in Southern Wisconsin, I decided to refresh the front suspension and steering. I got Global West delrin front LCA bushings, Steeda X2 Balljoints, new prothane swaybar endlinks, MM solid steering rack bushings and a MM front bumpsteer kit. I have everything in installed minus the bumpsteer kit, which will arrive Monday. Here is a finished pic from this morning after I finished pressing in the balljoints and bushings - it was a HUGE pain pressing out the old stock rubber ones, but I got it done. :rockon:

2014-03-22133701_zpsc22f63a5.jpg

weaselp1

Established Member
Nice upgrades. I did poly a arm bushings last year, they do suck to get the stock ones out.

Thanks! I spent about 3 hours burning, cutting, banging with hammer on 2 of the bushings. I got the inner sleeves out, but still had to cut the outer metal sleeves out. I said screw it and called my buddy who works at a machine shop. Once I got to the shop, we had everything pressed out and the new stuff installed in about 1 hour... I am sure you agree with me, a hydraulic press is highly recommended over the burn and cut method :)

D-MANN

Established Member
New control arms are like $87, which i plan on getting to avoid the removal headaches. Looks good.

Where did you get this price?My search on the site comes up with a price of $375 for 03/04 cobra front control arms.
GW front control arms arent cheap either. Add the price to have stock bushing removed and GW pressed in and it better be night and day difference lol.

weaselp1

Established Member
New control arms are like $87, which i plan on getting to avoid the removal headaches. Looks good.

Wow! Where did you find that price? I wanted to get rid of the rubber bushings anyway because I have all FTBR delrin in my IRS and that handles amazing, so I figured why not add delrin to the front :)

But if i could have gotten a new set for $87, I would have bought the new arms and pressed in my new stuff.

Where did you get this price?My search on the site comes up with a price of $375 for 03/04 cobra front control arms.
GW front control arms arent cheap either. Add the price to have stock bushing removed and GW pressed in and it better be night and day difference lol.

I am sure it will be a night and day difference between the stock and GW bushings. I can wait to drive it with the new GW setup. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread