Springs and rubbing?

Vern_5oh

Established Member
New guy here. I just bought Koni STR Struts/shocks for 05-10 mustangs and Gt500 strut mounts. I'm not sure what springs would work without rubbing. I want the the Eibach Sportlines (1in front drop 1.8 rear) but I'm not sure if my tire will rub on the front I have 245/45-19 in the rear I have 285/35-19. That's my summer setup. My winter setup are the stock 18 in wheels with 235/50-18 all around? Would I have rubbing issues with either setup? This on on my 2011 GT

08mojo

Established Member
You will not have rubbing issues. I am running a 295/30-20 on the rear with an aggressive offset--no rubbing issues. Well, I take that back, on major cocmpressoin events (such as big dips going highway speeds) I get a very slight scrub--and I mean very minor. My car is slammed though, much more than you'd get with springs.

Vern_5oh

Established Member
You will not have rubbing issues. I am running a 295/30-20 on the rear with an aggressive offset--no rubbing issues. Well, I take that back, on major cocmpressoin events (such as big dips going highway speeds) I get a very slight scrub--and I mean very minor. My car is slammed though, much more than you'd get with springs.

Thanks so much do you think is be running on my winter setup as well or should I be fine?

bullet3z

Established Member
Springs worth checking.
FRPP P springs about 1" all around
FRPP K springs, lower drop than the P's
BMR springs. Around the K's drop. A lot of happy members run them.

08mojo

Established Member
Thanks so much do you think is be running on my winter setup as well or should I be fine?

Stock wheels with 235's will not be a problem--wouldn't even need the adjustable panhard bar for this setup. However, you'll need the adjustable panhard bar since you plan on running 285's in the summer--that will require you to re-center the rear end when you lower.

2002whitegt

Established Member
I have the sportlines and eibach prodamper kit along with the GT500 mounts. I also have 295/30/20 in the rear and 265/35/20 in the front, and I have never had any rubbing issue with the tires.

You will need the adjustable panhard bar to get the rear centered again.

Users who are viewing this thread