Springs/ Lowering ??

323octavio

Established Member
I have a 92 notch i barely bought and i have 18s cobras i want to drop it by cutting stock springs....i want lil drop not super dropped how much should i cut on stock springs all around...thanx

Mustanganatic

FOG
Established Member
I'm getting my H&R Sports tomorrow and putting on 17" x 9" Rs all around with Nitto 555 235/45s up front and 275/40s in the rear. I originally got 255/40s for all around, but a buddy said his rubbed up front and put on the 235s. He had 18's though. The H&R Sports say they lower 1.2" up front and 1.0" in the rear. They're a progressive spring so the ride should be decent still. Doing more than just springs, so it'll be a few days before I can post pictures. Oh, I got the R wheels from American Muscle, $680 to my door. They got a 2.5" center so I can use the BULLITT/Vintage wheel centers. Unlike OEM '95 R wheels which have a 2.375" center. One more thing, I'm converting to 5-lug and I'm using a '94/'95 spindle. My understanding is they'll stick out a little so that the center won't fit. Gonna have to cut them a bit. I'll probably grind them actually.

SnakeGrunt97

Established Member
I'm getting my H&R Sports tomorrow and putting on 17" x 9" Rs all around with Nitto 555 235/45s up front and 275/40s in the rear. I originally got 255/40s for all around, but a buddy said his rubbed up front and put on the 235s. He had 18's though. The H&R Sports say they lower 1.2" up front and 1.0" in the rear. They're a progressive spring so the ride should be decent still. Doing more than just springs, so it'll be a few days before I can post pictures. Oh, I got the R wheels from American Muscle, $680 to my door. They got a 2.5" center so I can use the BULLITT/Vintage wheel centers. Unlike OEM '95 R wheels which have a 2.375" center. One more thing, I'm converting to 5-lug and I'm using a '94/'95 spindle. My understanding is they'll stick out a little so that the center won't fit. Gonna have to cut them a bit. I'll probably grind them actually.

Hell ya man sounds good post some pics when u get it all done.

SnakeGrunt97

Established Member
What specifically do you want help with?

I would like to know what is the lowest far as inches i can go on a Fox GT with 18's don't care about what brand of springs just needing to see what people are running with the same set up as mine, and not wanting to slam it just want it to look good and still perform well. Thanx

Mustanganatic

FOG
Established Member
I would like to know what is the lowest far as inches i can go on a Fox GT with 18's don't care about what brand of springs just needing to see what people are running with the same set up as mine, and not wanting to slam it just want it to look good and still perform well. Thanx

The fact that you got a '90 and you got 245s up front, I'm not sure you can go much lower than 1.2". '91 and up had a little wider fender. I'm putting 235s on my '89 and I hope I don't have an issue. Wheehopper said he's got 255/40/R17s all around with it lowered 1.75" with no clearance issues. I didn't want to try on mine and I sent the 255/40s back and got the 235/45s.
I'm using 17" wheels, I don't know if that makes any difference, but what kind of clearance do you have with the quad shocks in the rear? I'm also putting on 275/40s in the rear. I've got 245/50s now with Pony Wheels and there's only 5/16ths gap between the tire and the quad shock.

Users who are viewing this thread