Springs?

DOHCtor_C

Established Member
I was thinking the next thing I'm going to do is springs. However, I'm not sure which ones to go with. Anyone have any suggestions on which spring you would/did choose and why? Also any ideas on which control arms?

PowerCobra98

Yes, mine is better.
Established Member
For springs I chose Eibach Pro-Kit's. I chose them because of all the research I did beforehand I felt that these were the best made springs, they were used on many race cars (at least the brand anyways) and name recognition. I've been very happy with mine for the past three years.

As far as control arms...are you talking about replacing your rear upper and lower's? For a spring change you don't have to change any control arms...

DOHCtor_C

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. I just figured that since I'll be changing the springs out it would be a good time to also replace the control arms as well. I'm most likely planning on doing both uppers and lowers at the same time.

96mystic

Wannabe postslut
Established Member
Speaking of springs.. i got a buddy who has a 99 roush. He replaced his springs at 40k miles, and offered them to me for 50 bucks.

Are roush springs any good? And is 50 bucks worth 4 sprigns with 40k miles on them?

Ty if anyone has any input.

Ben :beer:

SVTMUST97

Established Member
Go with Eibach spring its worth the money. A friend of mine had Motorsports and you can feel every bump that you hit the spring through the car.

hantzis

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTMUST97
Go with Eibach spring its worth the money. A friend of mine had Motorsports and you can feel every bump that you hit the spring through the car.

I agree, I Had FMS C springs (600 rate) and switched to Eibach progressive pro kit. Much smoother ride and more stable when cornering and hitting bumps. I hated how if I was cornering with the C springs and hit a bump, the entire car would shake and feel really unstable. The pro kit absorbs the bumps better.

I have had them in a week. The front seems a bit higher than the rear now. Is this normal? Will the fronts settle more? I hope the fronts drop a bit more.

Thanks,,
Dean

theinjectedzone

Established Member
eibach pro's here also. My car is on the website. I also have the racecraft setup along with UCA and LCA's. And they run a little over $200.
thanks

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread