springs?

ARdoller

Established Member
im driving out to a car show next saturday, and id like to give my car a little rake before then. i dont have the money to be buying new springs at the moment though, and im trying to avoid cutting my stock springs right now.

my question is, my last car was an sn95 v6, which had aftermarket springs on it. i still have the stock springs from the car, and was wondering if they'd work very well until i get around to getting aftermarket springs.

my main questions would be, how much of a drop would i be looking at, and most importantly, is it safe? would they hold up? id only be looking at swapping the fronts with the 6er springs. id just leave the stock springs on the rear.

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I can't comment on how much of a drop it would be, but...

I can't imagine it being unsafe. Many people will swap in Foxbody 4cyl springs for street / drag applications and they're fine. I think you'd be fine.

ARdoller

Established Member
yea thats what i was thinking, if the 5.0's can hold up on a 4cyl spring, then i cant imagine the v6 springs wouldnt hold on these 4.6's.

qkslvr221

Established Member
Ford Racing B or C springs can be had for ~130 bucks. The V6 springs wont drop it at all AFAIK, you're better off saving your money and getting some nice springs.

I have the B's on my vert and they look great, really low in the front and the back is a bit raked like you mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread