Spudgun?

Leadhead

Melodramatic Nihilist
Established Member
You mean like a potato gun? I have never heard it called a spud gun. It is a gun that you make out of pvc pipe and in the back you make a chamber with a flint igniter and you spray a shot of ether in it, turn the igniter and the potato shoots out. I made one that shot a potato about 300 yards at a 45 degree angle.

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
You mean a spud gun? That's kinda like those t-shirt cannons they use at ball games only it shoots out potatoes and that shyte comes out FAST! It can do serious damage to physical property and can really ruin your day if you're on the wrong side of one. Plenty of groups trying to get 'em banned. They're easy as heck to make.

EDIT: Lead, I've always heard 'spud gun' but you would know better than I would. I've never made one.

Last edited:

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
Whooo doggy! Now you guys are talkin' my language. Out here in the sticks, spud guns are pretty popular. My advice is to use the red potato. They are smaller, but much more dense and in turn go a lot farther.

poorboy

Established Member
Spud guns are great. My friends and I once built a spud cannon that could put a potato through a car door at 100 yards and once you knew how to fire it was pretty darn accurate.

blk99svtcobra

Established Member
i'm not entltled to say where or when, but one year my friends had a potato gun. it just so happend to be senior prank night. so my friends decided to drive by the local high school and blow out the giant picture window at the main lobby......yeah just my friends where there..........i wasn't ;-) ;-) but anyways thats just what i heard!!! just to give you an idea of the destuction they are capable of.

Leadhead

Melodramatic Nihilist
Established Member
Originally posted by zzzzzer
You mean a spud gun? That's kinda like those t-shirt cannons they use at ball games only it shoots out potatoes and that shyte comes out FAST! It can do serious damage to physical property and can really ruin your day if you're on the wrong side of one. Plenty of groups trying to get 'em banned. They're easy as heck to make.

EDIT: Lead, I've always heard 'spud gun' but you would know better than I would. I've never made one.

No, that is probably the correct term, I grew up in backwoods nowhere nothern california. :instert bucktooth smiley here:

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
I made a silenced one once, with a replacable barrel. They're fun to make, and fun to shoot. They're not exactly illegal (yet) they fall into some "Novelty Item" area for now, I think. I had a golf ball barrel, an onion barrel (they didn't shoot so well), a brussel sprout barrel, and one that shot radishes.

GoatDaddy

Originally posted by EatonEggbeater
I made a silenced one once, with a replacable barrel. They're fun to make, and fun to shoot. They're not exactly illegal (yet) they fall into some "Novelty Item" area for now, I think. I had a golf ball barrel, an onion barrel (they didn't shoot so well), a brussel sprout barrel, and one that shot radishes.

WHat about a "bag of flaming dog poop" barrel?

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
And I always thought a spud gun was a vegetarian w/ the squirts. . . . . . . .oh no, that's a salad shooter :thumbsup:

Leadhead

Melodramatic Nihilist
Established Member
Originally posted by NeedaCobra
And I always thought a spud gun was a vegetarian w/ the squirts. . . . . . . .oh no, that's a salad shooter :thumbsup:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread