Spy Shots — 2021??? C8 Corvette Z06

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Ford was doing over the air updates and remote vehicle start before the vehicles you stated. My wife’s 2017 escape had these for example

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are partially right. While they could do some limited OTA updates (like everyone else), it was primarily limited to infotainment systems. Nothing even remotely as capable to what you see with Tesla and GM. The new F150 now brings similar capabilities.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Ford was first to do DOHC and flat plane crank in America. They were the first in the world doing it at 5.2 liters. Europe was doing flat plane crank v8 but in less than 5 liter engines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slow down man with all Ford was the first and only stuff. If you wan to get technical, Caddy had flat plane crank engines 100 yrs ago, and they were way larger than 5.2L.

We’re talking ICE here. Not space travel rocket technology. The tech is as old as dirt. Bragging about who was the first to do it in America seems a bit trivial don’t you think? Are we next going to break it down by the first state to do it?

blk02edge

Established Member
who did what first is 100% irrelevant, its all about who does it best now.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Chevy owners - ls1 sum bitch, easiest thing to work on..i pick up junk yard van engines on my way to the malboro store....make 600 hp with a cam swap.

Chevy (mid engine c8 nothing accessible, DOHC "complexity" engine)

Chevy owners - omg it is amazing, basically a Ferrari !!

snakecharmer

Established Member
Chevy owners - ls1 sum bitch, easiest thing to work on..i pick up junk yard van engines on my way to the malboro store....make 600 hp with a cam swap.

Chevy (mid engine c8 nothing accessible, DOHC "complexity" engine)

Chevy owners - omg it is amazing, basically a Ferrari !!

You do have a point. I plead guilty. Though if I had my way, the FPC DOHC would be reserved for the high end ZR1/Zora trim and the Z06 would be getting the LT5 out of the C7 ZR1. :)

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
who did what first is 100% irrelevant, its all about who does it best now.

+1

It really doesn't matter. The niche brands like Koenigsegg often come up with the new exotic ideas and then the major manufacturers look at that pool of innovative ideas and see how they can bring them to mass market. Koenigsegg was first to bring carbon fiber wheels to production and Ford brought it to mass market, and so Ford basically created the formula for every manufacturer to be able to do the same thing. GM I believe developed the magnetic shocks with Multimatic and kept a patent on that for a while, but now it is available for the rest of the brands to use on their vehicles. The auto industry is a large think-tank of ideas and everyone contributes and eventually shares. It's what keeps the industry moving forward.

Users who are viewing this thread