Spy Shots: Mustang GT500 Prototype, '24 Explorer Timberline

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
From SEMA:

Ford front

Sources have captured the GT500 prototype near Ford's Dearborn Proving Grounds (DPG).

The prototype features strategically placed camo on the decklid and the rear window, which both hide a modified rear spoiler and conceal a full rollcage.

The all-new GT500 is expected around 2025, so it's uncertain if Ford is working on a special edition GT500 or instead testing components for the next-gen GT500.

Ford rear

'24 Ford Explorer Timberline Spotted in Dearborn​

Explorer front

Also captured near the DPG was the '24 Ford Explorer Timberline.

Although Ford has already introduced an electric version in the European market, the United States market is focusing on a refresh for the internal combustion engine (ICE) Explorers.

The '24 Timberline will be primarily a carryover compared to the other '24 Explorer trims.

While no significant powertrain changes are expected for the '24 model, there might be slight improvements to the performance of the 2.3L EcoBoost engine and the 3.3L hybrid engine. These changes could result in a slight bump in power and fuel economy.

Explorer rear

CobraJohn01

Established Member
I've just assumed that with the shut down of the Romeo engine line that was making the Shelby/SVT motors, along with the introduction of the Dark Horse (yuck!), that the Shelby's were probably not going to exist on the S650's?

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I've just assumed that with the shut down of the Romeo engine line that was making the Shelby/SVT motors, along with the introduction of the Dark Horse (yuck!), that the Shelby's were probably not going to exist on the S650's?

I mean, they're still building the supercharged 5.2L for the Raptor R, just not at the Romeo plant.

CobraJohn01

Established Member
Are they still making them, or did they already produce enough to cover the expected run of Raptor R’s plus GT500 and Raptor R warranty replacements? I’m not doubting you, just wondering.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Are they still making them, or did they already produce enough to cover the expected run of Raptor R’s plus GT500 and Raptor R warranty replacements? I’m not doubting you, just wondering.
Raptor r engines are assembled in Dearborn.

harry

Am I crazy or is that not a picture of the last Shelby Cobra that was out, I don't see the new front or rear on this car

bullitt2735

Established Member
Really seams like this new "s650" is more like a big mid cycle refresh than all new to me.... like a 991.1 vs 991.2 kind of refresh

ThRealDonaldTaco

Established Member
I was going to start a new post but I figure I'd chime in on this one. Sorry for hi-jacking. I keep hearing rumors that the "Cobra" will return. I ask thought, what is "Cobra" without the SVT?

The 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, and 2004 Cobras (Cobra R too) are just special car in my opinion. Its something about Special Vehicle Team that I miss.

I've been under a rick and did not know they shut down the Romeo Engine Plant.

Make's more appreciative of the Predator motor in the GT500 and the Cast Iron block in the 04 Cobra.

Hopefully you guys don't think this is a silly critique.

Here's the rumored Cobra with a Center Exhaust.

1691461704159.png

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Running gear for the street version of the upcomming GT3 race car with a rear mounted transmission????

Users who are viewing this thread