Squaring SRA rear

ssblubyyou

Established Member
Just curious if I did this correctly. I added all team z upper, lowers, stranges, anti roll bar, and drag springs to my sra cobra. I measured from pinch welds in front and rear side to side. Found the center. Ran a lazer line down the center front to rear. Then plumb bobbed off the rear LCA’s to the floor. With 3 points now I measured all 3 directions. The center to sides are within a 1/16” and side to side is within a 1/16”. Does this sound correct and good to go? I figured triangulation would be the best way to center the rear. Thanks

01yellercobra

Established Member
Not sure if it helps, but when I installed my K member I went from the lower cradle mounts to the rear k member mounts. I hung plumb bobs at all four points and measured front to back as well as in an X pattern. That's how MM says to do it. I got everything within 1/16" like you. There weren't any issues aligning it so I imagine it's all good.

ssblubyyou

Established Member
I’d say it’s fine. I squared my k member like MM suggest. I was just trying to get my rear solid axle square too. Triangulation method should be pretty accurate I’d say. After all I measured side to side off the cars centerline and length of lower control arms from center line point about 2-3’ in front of axle if that makes sense. Let’s just hope it goes straight at the track now.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I brought mine to an alignment shop, they have the correct machines to exact this. I really wouldn't try and guessimate it or your car could potentially end up driving sideways.

Users who are viewing this thread