Squeaking After X-Pipe Install

Stater212

Established Member
Hey guys put my new x pipe on about a week ago. Drove to a car show this weekend and had one hell of an annoying squeak. I had driven the car after the x pipe without issue, but not for the length of time I did this weekend. From just listening around the car I had initially thought it was at the passenger tail pipe but now seems to be more towards the front of the x around the long tube collector area. I only hear it on the passenger side. Anyone have a "typical" problem that occurs after a new mid pipe install that I should be looking for?

50enzo

Established Member
could be that one side is tighter than the other or a section of the unit is torqued more. wouldnt hurt to get under n jiggle stuff around and loosen and re-tighten....idk my .2

Stater212

Established Member
Does it sound like an exhaust leak kind of squeak/whistle, or a metal on metal squeak?

Sounds like more of a metal to metal squeak. Installing the x was a freaking bear doing it with jack stands and laying on the floor.

Stater212

Established Member
Well looked over my exhaust and for some reason had quite a few of loose nuts not positive why knew i tightened them tight. Put some locktite on and has been good to go so far.

Users who are viewing this thread