squeaky belt?

IwishIwasfast

Established Member
Sorry if this is a lame question...but for the past week or so when I start up the L, I hear a squeaking noise coming from behind the right front tire. I guess I can most relate the sound to crickets chirping and squeaking. It dies down after getting warm, but every so often, even after warm, it still lets out a small squeak/chirp at idle or real low rpm. Is this just the belt squeaking?...or any thoughts? If it is the belt, what's a quick fix and is it something of concern? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
Mine does the same thing. I don't know what its called? It's the pulley that is just to the left of the crank pulley. It has driven me nuts for about a year. It takes spells of chirping and not chirping. I have sprayed the pulley with some silcon spray before. That seemed to help for a while, but after a few trips in some rain storms. It seems to start to chirp again. I think I just need a new belt.

IwishIwasfast

Established Member
Yeah, hopefully I don't need a new belt....wouldn't think that I would with minimal mods (or next to none I should say) and miles...but, what the heck do I know?! I guess I just live with it and figure it out once the modding begins

Last edited:

97scSVT

A-Dub
Established Member
mine does the same thing, only on startups in the morning. i've put silicon spray on it, and once it rains and the pulley gets wet. its a constant squeek that lasts maybe a couple minutes. but yeah, its weak

lightning_2001

Established Member
ok im not sure if my is the same problem.but mine does like,ok only way to explain the sound is you know when you run your finger over a glass and it does that "vvvvvvv" sound thats what i hear but louder.i took it to the dealership when i lived in fort worth and they said it was wind passing threw the billet grill but thats not it. i know thats BS. the only thing i could think of would be the belt??maybe?dont know??

Users who are viewing this thread