Squeaky front brakes

2003 Cobra

Established Member
I have aftermarket Autospecialty cross-drilled rotors with the factory front brake pads. I installed the rotors when my car only had 80 miles on it so I re-used the factory pads. Now I have almost 3,000 miles on the car and sometimes get a squeal from the driver's side, front brakes. Does anyone else get this annoying squeal? I'm thinking about getting the Raybestos Quiet-Stop pads which have a ceramic compound but am concerned about keeping the stopping power, at least, equal to stock. The Raybestos pads are chamfered on the edges so there is reduced contact with the rotor and it has ceramic material in the pad which, both items, should help to eliminate noise; however, will these pads stop my beast if I decide to blast off down the street? I don't want to be a guinnea pig with pads costing $115.00 plus tax at Kragen Auto Parts.

SVT 03 Cobra

The Raybestos pads are chamfered on the edges so there is reduced contact with the rotor

not to flame, cross drilled rotors look great, but they in return already have provided you with less contact area with the pads... you need all the contact you can get now.

Jayson

Users who are viewing this thread