SRA or IRS

03kevo

Established Member
Should I beef up my IRS or just swap for a SRA

The question you should ask yourself or give us more info about is; Why do you want to make those changes? open track, drag racing, street racing or even rock crawling.

The is someone on this site that is running mid 9's all day with stock IRS with the exception of an IRS brace.

Slowerthnyou99

Established Member
I can't see myself letting the ride of my IRS go for an SRA setup... Unless it became a dedicated strip car, but it would still need to be getting in the 9's for me to consider...

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you're making a strip car swap to the SRA. If you main concern is corners or streets stick with the IRS.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

infidel0910

Established Member
Some guys go sra cuz they get tired of busting halfshafts. Others can go really fast on an IRS, I guess it comes down to tires, driver, and how u launch. I like sra but I'll keep my IRS until my car sees way more track duty.

Doch01

Established Member
First I hate the hop I plan on getting a boss 5.0 stroker with a twin turbo setup ima take it to the track a lo but also drive it in the street a lot to

Devcon 7

Established Member
I traded my irs for a sra...not much difference in cornering abilities that I noticed. Is a bit bumpier but not to bad (its my dd). If I could do it again I would.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
SRA. Only thing I miss so far is the look. Ride quality is the same to me and I dont plan on taking any corners that fast.

ninty9cobra

Established Member
You just need to isolate the wheel hop
I did the following
fulltiltboogie bushing kit
billetflow brace
kenny brown forward torque brace
full length subframe connectors
I also installed terminator halfshafts
no wheel hop what so ever

97V8SHO

F-22 Crew Chief
Established Member
^ what he said.

Keep your IRS and just put some work into it. The time money and effort that would go into getting a GOOD SRA set up would be the same for making the mods to the IRS. My friends 03' was making 728hp 600 something torque and ran on a completely stock IRS for over 2 years before a half shaft let go on him. He was on his 5th go down the strip for the day and the track was race prepped. He had 315 drag radials on and launched at 4K. Pulled the front tires a good 4" off the ground and that's when the shaft broke. So these are more stout than people give them credit for. The nay sayers also probably just let rear end hop when it slips which DOES lead to broken shafts. Just do your home work on the subject and you'll realize this.

Last edited:

Doch01

Established Member
You just need to isolate the wheel hop
I did the following
fulltiltboogie bushing kit
billetflow brace
kenny brown forward torque brace
full length subframe connectors
I also installed terminator halfshafts
no wheel hop what so ever

Can u sm me a pm of all the upgrades u did to your IRS and how much was it in total

zPipes

Established Member
Turn off the trac control, and spin away. I agree, if its not doing alot of drag, stay irs. id do sra if i had enough power, or saw alot of drag time. But I don't... yet lol.

Users who are viewing this thread