SRA swap LCA/UCA recommendations?

OnceBitten

Established Member
I'm doing a SRA swap in the 04 Vert and need a recommendation for a nice streetable LCA/UCA setup. I have run adjustables with spherical bushings in other cars and am looking for something less harsh, but stiff enough to get it hook up properly. What are you guys doing?

SuperSport01

Established Member
BMR, Hotchkis, UMI, or Steeda rear control arms are about all I would use. Ive seen other brands have defects too often.

OnceBitten

Established Member
I guess I should have noted that I'm looking for a straight line performance oriented suspension setup, not something for the twisties. I've got BBK stuff I can use for free...but don't know much about the design or build quality.

EDIT: I just looked at the BBK stuff...that is NOT going on my car...

Last edited:

SuperSport01

Established Member
BBK stuff is fine especially for free. Shocks usually make more of a difference than what kind rear control arms you have for drag racing. On a more hardcore setup adjustable control arms are neccessary to set pinion angle which has a large effect on how the car launches.

OnceBitten

Established Member
I'm just trying to eliminate the wheelhop I've experienced and I already had a lot of what I needed to do the SRA swap. I also didn't feel comfortable doing the FTBR or MM Delrin replacement stuff, and labor for that is outrageous.

SuperSport01

Established Member
The FTBR kit is labor intense. It is a full 2 days of work. The SRA swap with BBK control arms should have no issues with wheel hop as long as everything is in good condition and installed properly.

OnceBitten

Established Member
SuperSport, do you think an IRS with the FTBR complete kit is in anyway superior to a fully built SRA (with respect to dragstrip performance)?

mikeshimek

Boost Hunter
Established Member
The ftbr kit is not "hard" to install, but it is labor intensive. I was able to install all the bushings in my garage with simple tools. I bought a 100$ harbor freight motorcycle jack and that made it a breeze. Just takes time. I highly recommend doing this kit and installing flsfc if you don't already have them. I would not ditch the irs unless you absolutely have too!

My96z

Established Member
Seems like most people like the Maximum Motorsports stuff. When I decide to upgrade thats probably what I will go with. I am still on the stock Mach 1 stuff and its not giving me any problems.

SvTDsG

Unported!
Established Member
MM adjustable extreme lowers! and bmr adjustable uppers. I have the MM lowers and love them, and I have the upr extreme duty uppers adjustable and they require some modification, but still do the job

ONTHJUG

Established Member
Op, choose a well known brand and just opt for busing ends instead of heim joints.

Exactly. I am running all UPR heim joint and is it loud on the street, called UPR stated I wanted less noise. Swapped out the front heim joint on the upper to Poly and its perfect barley any noise and really tightened it up for normal driving. Still have the spericals in the housing but no noise. Forgot to add im running KYB 8 way adjustable shocks,before I had Tokico stockers and the KYB made a huge difference.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread