sra to irs swap just completed

7thplace

Established Member
first of all id like to say this swap took me and 2 buddys 13 hours to complete. IM sure some of you can do it faster but id like to tell a few problems that i ran into that you guys might not have to go through.

1. brake pads . you have to swap them so its better just to replace new ones if your pads are worn cause you have to go into the trouble of putting the puck back into place.(btw oreilys loans that tool lol)

2. never take off the ebrake spring , it is very difficult to get back on. after awhile i googled how to put it back on and the best way is to squeeze together and wrap with fishing line to hold it while you put it in place.

3.you need 2 precision 448 ujoints . one for each

4.you need to take the pinion snubber and the clips and the exhaust hangers and clips.

5.last of all on the gt with the irs you need to put the bracket that holds the ebrake line back on the irs it goes next to the spring. this will allow you not to scrape on your wheel.

sorry for the typing computer not my thing but wanted to spread the word on problems i ran into.

the actual swap only takes 4 hours its all the brake lines and misc parts that consumes most of your time.

let me know if any of you have any questions

Users who are viewing this thread