SRT-10 vs Lightning

ViperKiller04

Established Member
alright I need help i am having an argument. My friend and I are debating what is faster a stock srt-10 or a stock lightning. I believe a srt-10 is faster stock although i much prefer a lightning for upgradeability and pure cost value but hands down i believe stock to stock the srt-10 is always faster without a retarded driver. This is an ongoing argument and i want your opinions and logic behind it and if you have proof show it.
Like my proof is in head to head comparisons at motor trend, edmunds inside the line and anderson ford the srt-10 was faster in the quarter mile by .3 seconds.
what do you think
http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/pickup/163_0407_2004_ford_dodge_truck/ram_engine.html
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/d...Drives/Comparos/articleId=102037/pageId=58972
http://www.anderson-ford.com/lightningvsram.htm

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Assuming stock with driving not an issue SRT-10. However, ET's seem to be very close, but the SRT traps ~5-6mph faster.

Flying Low

Established Member
I think stock for stock it is the SRT-10. But that is in the RC which has to been driven just right, otherwise the L wins. I'm not to sure about a stock QC, but I would think it would lose. I have no proof to help you out. Different tracks, weather and drivers make a differance between posted track times. All things being equal and completely stock truck the SRT-10 wins.

Flying Low

Established Member
ViperKiller04 said:
So from what i am getting here is no one has any proof that a lightning would win in this match up

Correct, we are all just guessing, because they are close. Bad launch by one results in win for the other. So many things could affect the outcome. I think the intent of the orginal question is Stock for Stock with everything being equal. On paper the SRT-10 wins, in reality on the track it is a traction/drivers race.

Smoke

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
A perfectly driven (good luck) SRT-10 is capable of edging out a Lightning in the 1/4. After seeing many attempts at the track, I have yet to see it done.

203Cree

Established Member
Sinister04L said:
A perfectly driven (good luck) SRT-10 is capable of edging out a Lightning in the 1/4. After seeing many attempts at the track, I have yet to see it done.

There's a few vids runnin around, but I can't find any of them. The big thing is just the traction issue. If the SRT guys could figure out the slick situation, it'd be a different story for us.

sick408dakr/t

Established Member
Some of you guys are on f*cking crack - the Ram in every magazine ran quicker times than the Lightning ever did! Thos are the facts, just go look for yourself - don't like it then F-off. WHY is this subject being brought up again?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

SNCBOOM

Established Member
sick408dakr/t said:
every magazine ran quicker times than the Lightning ever did!

And we all know that magazines are full of facts

203Cree

Established Member
sick408dakr/t said:
Some of you guys are on f*cking crack - the Ram in every magazine ran quicker times than the Lightning ever did! Thos are the facts, just go look for yourself - don't like it then F-off. WHY is this subject being brought up again?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Yeah, cuz we all know everyone that drives either truck works for a magazine. :poke:

How about you fuck off instead, since you're the one tryin to start shit here, hmm? An SRT owner already gave his perspective, and all the L owners have been honest as well, there's no need to discuss it further.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
sick408dakr/t said:

I really hope that was a joke.

Stock 06 c6 Z06 runs 11.20's and no magazine said a damn thing about running those times. Lightnings are ripping off mid 13's and low 13's when magazines say high 13's. There are soooo many times where a magazine is off about it's so-called "facts." I don't care if you're talking about Lightnings or civics, Car and Driver isn't a damn Bible.

If that wasn't a joke...well that's just sad that you believe everything you read. :nonono:

And we all know that magazines are full of facts

Well, I don't know about you but I beleive everything I read. :nonono:

Yeah, cuz we all know everyone that drives either truck works for a magazine.

How about you **** off instead, since you're the one tryin to start shit here, hmm? An SRT owner already gave his perspective, and all the L owners have been honest as well, there's no need to discuss it further.

+1

On topic: I think it's a drivers race, from what I've seen in person and what I've heard other people talk about, it sound's like a drivers race. However if someone did perfectly drive a SRT-10 (like Sinister said) then yeah, L would be down on that one.

JiggaStyles09

Established Member
im sorry but the srt-10 is quicker, at least thats what i would put my money on stock to stock and equal drivers. sure you get someone who cant drive a stick and the L has a lot better chance but that can be said about lots of cars. not trying to be a magazine racer but i have yet to see an L beat a SRT-10 in the 1/4 mile in any comparison test.

i mean the evo or sti can be faster than an 03 cobra in the 1/4 mile stock for stock with a shit driver in the cobra due to the AWD advantage but everyone knows as a general rule the cobra is hands down the faster car.

anyways that being said, give me a Lightning over a SRT ram anyday. cheaper, lighter, easier to mod, and better looking (IMO).

Users who are viewing this thread