Srt-4 Killed

redstang

i was driving home late last nite down rt. 1 and i see these lights approach me pretty fast in my rear view mirror. Its an srt4. he starts pacing me and showing me his blow off valve. i really didnt want to race because i know that road is notorious for cops. so after a mile of pacing me and annoying the shit out of me, i drop it into third, 3 honk it and go. I put about 3-3.5 lenths on him. i was surprised i didnt but buslengths on him. with my power to weight(about a little over 3k with me in it) and my power(figure that nite i was making 420-430 at the wheels because it was cool out) i would have smoked him. And sure enough, i see flashing lights in my rear and he jets off. 525$ later :kaboom: anywho, what kind of power/mods does that car to keep close to me like that?

Tman

Established Member
Oh shit man! Feel sorry for ya! Thats a pretty hefty ticket.
I think they weight around 2800 pounds? Someone correct me if Im wrong.

redstang

yeah the officer was really cool about it though. he owns a mustang at home and was asking me about mine and whatnot. he said he had to because it was his duty as a police officer. anyway, what kind of power would that thing have to be making to stay that close?

SLO_NEON

Uncle Ben's Rice
Established Member
I don't know if racing and getting a $500 ticket is considered a "win" :poke:

(just kidding)

and to answer your question on what would it take from the SRT...
probably at least Stage 2 with Toys and an exhaust...
maybe Stage 3....

GLHS knows a lot more about this than I...

Fisticuffs

Established Member
Nice Gt you got there :thumbsup: He was probably running a larger turbo or bolt-ons and a shot of nitrous on the stocker. I can't see him staying remotely close to you on the stocker without nitrous. Depends on how long you guys ran for too. Sorry you got such a hefty ticket.

redstang

Serpent said:
damn u are pretty calm for getting a +$500 ticket!
nice kill btw, at least the srt4 came home with a LOSS.

hey what are you gonna do...pay it and move on is the only thing i can think of.

redstang

Fisticuffs said:
Nice Gt you got there :thumbsup: He was probably running a larger turbo or bolt-ons and a shot of nitrous on the stocker. I can't see him staying remotely close to you on the stocker without nitrous. Depends on how long you guys ran for too. Sorry you got such a hefty ticket.

yeah all i know is the blow off valve sounded alot different from stock ones. we ran from 45-115 or 120ish. i couldnt hear his car when he got on it bc i started pulling immediately. so i dont know what it had done for mods. the exhaust didnt seem all that loud cruising.

GLHS837

Established Member
Figure weight at 3100 lbs with driver. If he was Stage 3 (or an aftermarket big turbo), figure at least 320whp, aftermarket turbo might peak more but most are street tuned and run about the same times. The key is that it was a roll. 45 is about the best place to start next to 60. High enough in second that you can be pretty sure not to blow the tires off.

He coulda been a heavily modded stock turbo car, but for him to stay that close, he woulda needed either a louder exhaust or a cutout, either of which you would notice.

03cobraFL

Established Member
fastwhite86gt said:
yeah all i know is the blow off valve sounded alot different from stock ones. we ran from 45-115 or 120ish. i couldnt hear his car when he got on it bc i started pulling immediately. so i dont know what it had done for mods. the exhaust didnt seem all that loud cruising.

Could have had a Stage 3 or possibly an AGP turbo.

redstang

GLHS837 said:
Figure weight at 3100 lbs with driver. If he was Stage 3 (or an aftermarket big turbo), figure at least 320whp, aftermarket turbo might peak more but most are street tuned and run about the same times. The key is that it was a roll. 45 is about the best place to start next to 60. High enough in second that you can be pretty sure not to blow the tires off.

He coulda been a heavily modded stock turbo car, but for him to stay that close, he woulda needed either a louder exhaust or a cutout, either of which you would notice.

yeah i didnt notice the exhaust much because i was never behind him. my car is loud as fck when you get on it so that didnt help either.

BLUBYYOU

beep beep, hi!
Established Member
sorry man, that ticket sucks.

if you are in the 400-430whp range at your weight,
I am pretty sure you ran into an upgraded turbo'd srt4.

nice kill. :thumbsup:

redstang

yeah so now i have to suspend the insurance on it because i cant afford that ticket right now. So now i cant drive it till october :( oh well. i get to drive the gf's v-6 camry now :dw: yeah that srt moved pretty good. dont know what it had, but that bov didnt sound stock. didnt hear any crazy spooling either. like i said i probably couldnt here it bc of my car and i started pulling him immediately.

SLO_NEON

Uncle Ben's Rice
Established Member
just some FYI... you won't hear a "stock" BOV on an SRT. The surge valve is pretty quiet. There are plenty of companies that make BOV's that are pretty loud. I personally like my Mopar one, but it's personal preference... and the Mopar one's aren't too loud... same goes with the exhaust too... one nice thing for those little Skittles, they have a decent amount of aftermarket goodies...

redstang

yeah the blow off vavle was def. noticeable. i never did get to stop and talk with him because of the 3 cops that were following me lol :burn: i dont think i'll do that again on that road, or at least witout a radar detector :idea:

00GT

Banned
fastwhite86gt said:
i was driving home late last nite down rt. 1 and i see these lights approach me pretty fast in my rear view mirror. Its an srt4. he starts pacing me and showing me his blow off valve. i really didnt want to race because i know that road is notorious for cops. so after a mile of pacing me and annoying the shit out of me, i drop it into third, 3 honk it and go. I put about 3-3.5 lenths on him. i was surprised i didnt but buslengths on him. with my power to weight(about a little over 3k with me in it) and my power(figure that nite i was making 420-430 at the wheels because it was cool out) i would have smoked him. And sure enough, i see flashing lights in my rear and he jets off. 525$ later :kaboom: anywho, what kind of power/mods does that car to keep close to me like that?

Lucky you didn't go to jail, get your car impounded or kept by the POPO! I went to jail for 12 hours and got my car impounded for street racing. Cost me $230 to get the car out and hundreds in increased insurance premiums. :( That SRT-4 probably had stage 3 or similar.

redstang

00GT said:
Lucky you didn't go to jail, get your car impounded or kept by the POPO! I went to jail for 12 hours and got my car impounded for street racing. Cost me $230 to get the car out and hundreds in increased insurance premiums. :( That SRT-4 probably had stage 3 or similar.

well i do expect my insurance go up some. the officer(female!) that pulled me over was really nice and was complementing my car as well as the other officers there and asked what was done and to see it and what not. she was hottt too lol. she said she could have arrested me but chose not to because i seemed like a good guy. i dont know if i'm going to be driving it much more till the spring, if any. :(

PSI87

Banned
well as other people said a turbo upgrade would do it. Some of the turbo upgrades could easily render him pulling on you, so if it was a after market turbo i have to say it was probably the more conservative mopar stage 3. A 75 shot of nitrous would also be a likely candidate. Did the SRT stop or just run?

redstang

after i got busted, he ran. they didnt chase. which was bogus! :mj:
he seemed like he should be packing more than that. i beat ls1s when i was n/a. and now with 130-150 more rwhp it feels insane. i've never seen an srt4 move like that. he must have had at least a stage 2 + juice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread