srt-8 challenger goes down

sTupidsTang

Established Member
I work at a chrysler dealership and this brand new challenger comes in we just got in and sold last month. The only reason the guy brought it in was for a recall to be done. The recall was a flash on the computer well the tech that was working on the challenger ended up frying the computer. ( no it was not me) So yeah he literally killed the challenger. It will take at least two weeks to get in the new wcm. We called chrysler about the problem and they said it was about a 50/50 shot whether it would fry it or not. To cap it all off they gave the guy a old Pt cruiser to drive for two weeks while waiting for his challenger to be fixed.

Mach Boy

Established Member
So this recall has a 50% chance of frying your computer every time??? I see a lot of pissed Challenger owners in the future.

sTupidsTang

Established Member
So this recall has a 50% chance of frying your computer every time??? I see a lot of pissed Challenger owners in the future.
chrysler is "fixing" the flash so it does not do it but for the meantime :shrug: i guess its a chance they are suppose to take?

exdeath

Established Member
The ECM itself was fried or just the EPROM was bricked?

That can happen while flashing anything from game consoles to DVD players. Curious what their explanation is for it if they expect it to happen 50% of the time.

Last edited:

Deuuuce

Established Member
Weird. Cars get reflashed all the time. Most '06s were for the transmission to shift at redline automatically due to owner requests.

Not to mention the Diablo tuner. Sucks for him.

Users who are viewing this thread