SRT Track Driving Experience!

Fudge

Established Member
Hey guys I recently attended a SRT Track Experience (yes I know it's not ford) and had a great time! There were other ford guys there as well, and it was fun (check out some videos from the even below!
Now I kinda want to do some road racing, or autocross, in comparison drag racing seems kinda boring (I mean you start and its over in 12-13 seconds (or less for the faster guys)!
Any one know of what is needed to get into this sport? or site where I can find events in my area?
2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8 VS 2013 Dodge Challenger 392 - YouTube
SRT8 Dodge Charger, Challenger, Chrysler 300C and Jeep Grande Cherokee!! - YouTube

smitty2919

Established Member
My sentiments exactly about drag racing...It took me one ride along in my borother in laws 87 Vette to be hooked on road racing/autocross.

So much so that I sold my 04 GTO and got a 99 Cobra to have something cheaper to beat on and larger aftermarket.

96 cobra

Established Member

Fudge

Established Member
If your nearby, three clubs have autocross events on Long Island...

SCCA: SCCAForums.com - SCCA Racing Discussions - Sports Car Club of America - Racing Discussion Forums - Regions - Discussion Forum
BMW: NY Chapter Autocross Series | New York BMW CCA
PCA: Autocross

Most events are in the Nassau Coliseum parking lot, but PCA has some events @ Tobay beach lot.

If your not near that area, try this site:
The Ultimate Motorsports Event Search Engine - Where2Race
Thanx I'll check them out!!
Must be pretty damn hard to make 5000lbs go fast around turns.....:lol1:
Surprisinly no they were actually pretty planted! Actually felt better in the turns then the mustang does (IMO) maybe because they were on a track and I've only driven the mustang hard on the street, and maybe because I am not a professional driver, but the SRT8's drove better (accept for the Grande Cherokee, that felt scary at times:burnout:)

mikerob

Established Member
You have to buy a SRT then it's free. Even if it's used assuming the previous owner didn't use it. I've bought two so i'll have two free passes.

Last edited:

newbie1276

Established Member
I did it in June of this year after having my jeep for 4 years
it was a blast. Now I am trying to convince the wife I need a 300srt because the new one is amazing. The white with red interior at the track experience was what I want but she is not falling for it.

Fudge

Established Member
I did it in June of this year after having my jeep for 4 years
it was a blast. Now I am trying to convince the wife I need a 300srt because the new one is amazing. The white with red interior at the track experience was what I want but she is not falling for it.
Tell her you want it for safety reasons!! Better brakes, better handling, etc!!:beer:
myautoevents.com
Thanx for the information!!

Users who are viewing this thread