SRT4 owned.

Cochese

Twin Turbo V8
Established Member
So I was on my way back to work from lunch at 1100pm when my Stalker DSR starts flipping out. I look down at the display and see a reading of 95 in the FAST box and and lock reading of 89 mph.

I hang up on my friend and toss my cell phone into my patrol bag in the passenger seat as two cars rocket past my fully marked 2004 CVPI in a 45 mph "backroad". I mashed on the brake and executed a sloppy 15 mph rolling u-turn.

They decide to keep going at first then came to their senses about 15 seconds later and I catch up to them after about half a mile.

I hit my overheads and the first car stops. I start to pull in behind him but I notice the SRT Neon with the buyers tag is taking off. The mid 90's MR2 catches a big brake and I pull out from behind him and go after the Neon.

Less than a half mile later he sees that I am not getting any smaller in his rear view and stops.

He has a good attitude from the start and didn't feed me any bullshit but his passenger coughs up this BS about them trying to pass the MR2 because he was revving and swerving toward them. :rolleyes:
I ask the driver if that is true and he says that the guy was talking shit in the Subway parking lot about his car and they were on the way to go race on the hwy.

I thanked him for his honesty.

After about 20 minutes of checking his and the passengers DL's and waiting for him to try and find his insurance card, I let him go with a ticket for 77 in a 45 and FMFR (No insurance).

He didn't feel like going to jail or paying to get his car out of impound so he was very thankful.

Just a public service announcement to remind you it pays to be polite and honest to the police, even when you are doing something that catches jailtime normally. It can work to your advantage!

Now if he busted out a video camera and started arguing about the definition of "racing", You'd all be watching dashcam footage of a wrecker winching up a SRT up a flatbed.. :pop:

:coolman:

Last edited:

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
:thumbsup:

Excellent post!

(If I were in the MR2 I'd still be sitting there waiting for you to come back! :D )

jshen

Established Member
I'd say you were quite kind

Hopefully the guys who read these posts will take that into consideration. LEOs have a lot of discretion...

"Now if he busted out a video camera and started arguing about the definition of "racing", You'd all be watching dashcam footage of a wrecker winching up a SRT up a flatbed.." I love it! :lol:

blecoupe89

Sprayin for 10's
Established Member
great story! it really does prove honesty does pay when it comes to LEOs some are car people too :beer:

northsider

Established Member
Something similar happened to a friend of mine about 5 years ago. He had a Mitsu 3000GT and this guy in Porsche revved him. They raced but my friend shut it down at 50mph when he saw a police car turn on the lights. He pulled over but the Porsche didn't. The cop went after the Porsche. My friend said he stayed there scared on the side of the road for about 15mins. He then decided to leave because he didn't see the cop anywhere around. As soon as he took off another cop pulled right behind him but did nothing. The cop actually passed him because he was going slow. He lucked out too.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
northsider said:
Something similar happened to a friend of mine about 5 years ago. He had a Mitsu 3000GT and this guy in Porsche revved him. They raced but my friend shut it down at 50mph when he saw a police car turn on the lights. He pulled over but the Porsche didn't. The cop went after the Porsche. My friend said he stayed there scared on the side of the road for about 15mins. He then decided to leave because he didn't see the cop anywhere around. As soon as he took off another cop pulled right behind him but did nothing. The cop actually passed him because he was going slow. He lucked out too.

my heart would of been beating a million times a minute...

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Cochese said:
So I was on my way back to work from lunch at 1100pm when my Stalker DSR starts flipping out. I look down at the display and see a reading of 95 in the FAST box and and lock reading of 89 mph.

I hang up on my friend and toss my cell phone into my patrol bag in the passenger seat as two cars rocket past my fully marked 2004 CVPI in a 45 mph "backroad". I mashed on the brake and executed a sloppy 15 mph rolling u-turn.

They decide to keep going at first then came to their senses about 15 seconds later and I catch up to them after about half a mile.

I hit my overheads and the first car stops. I start to pull in behind him but I notice the SRT Neon with the buyers tag is taking off. The mid 90's MR2 catches a big brake and I pull out from behind him and go after the Neon.

Less than a half mile later he sees that I am not getting any smaller in his rear view and stops.

He has a good attitude from the start and didn't feed me any bullshit but his passenger coughs up this BS about them trying to pass the MR2 because he was revving and swerving toward them. :rolleyes:
I ask the driver if that is true and he says that the guy was talking shit in the Subway parking lot about his car and they were on the way to go race on the hwy.

After about 20 minutes of checking his and the passengers DL's and waiting for him to try and find his insurance card, I let him go with a ticket for 77 in a 45 and FMFR (No insurance).

He didn't feel like going to jail or paying to get his car out of impound so he was very thankful.

Just a public service announcement to remind you it pays to be polite and honest to the police, even when you are doing something that catches jailtime normally. It can work to your advantage!

Now if he busted out a video camera and started arguing about the definition of "racing", You'd all be watching dashcam footage of a wrecker winching up a SRT up a flatbed.. :pop:

Lol....it pays to be honest and polite.

Cochese

Twin Turbo V8
Established Member
I saw him again tonight and received a thumbs up.

:)

On another note, a really hot chick in her underwear ran away from me on foot and scaled an 8 foot tall fence like a crackhead. I didn't even try to make it over after her because I was doubling over in histerics..

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Cochese said:
On another note, a really hot chick in her underwear ran away from me on foot and scaled an 8 foot tall fence like a crackhead. I didn't even try to make it over after her because I was doubling over in histerics..

Ha ha ha, pricless.

Sephiroth

Established Member
Cochese said:

Cool and all, but for what you get paid, It's sad.
Good luck man. :rockon:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I agree with being polite. Can't honesty get you in more trouble with the officer if he is not sure of your exact offense and is fishing?
Just curious.

Cochese

Twin Turbo V8
Established Member
Totally context based. Generally speaking, as far as I am concerned, if discretion is applicable at all, I am much more likely to apply it if I have not been lied to already.

In this fellas situation, if he had lied at all, he would have gone to jail. He did not lie and instead received some tickets and was on his way.

Every officer is different though and each situation unique. If you have 6 pounds of weed in your backseat and tell me about it when I approach, i will be grateful that you didn't shoot at me, grateful that you were honest, but you will still be going to jail.

YMMV

Last edited:

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
ElGato said:
:thumbsup:

Excellent post!

(If I were in the MR2 I'd still be sitting there waiting for you to come back! :D )

I would be only if the LEO told me to stay.. otherwise, I would be going home, and thinking twice about street racing again!

Users who are viewing this thread