SS vs. GTO

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
DaGTO said:
yeah and so is the 3rd gear in an m6 ls2 gto....they both have the same t-56 trans btw:-D

Well, no they don't. The GTO has the M12 series T56 and the SS has the M6 series T56. The first three gears in the M12 are shorter to propel the extra weight of the goat. We basically have the C5 Z06 T56 with the steel shift forks and triple reinforced syncros.

SS4Luck

Just dont ask...
Established Member
Doc GTO said:
Well, no they don't. The GTO has the M12 series T56 and the SS has the M6 series T56. The first three gears in the M12 are shorter to propel the extra weight of the goat. We basically have the C5 Z06 T56 with the steel shift forks and triple reinforced syncros.
i knew something was different, i just didnt know what... i know that when i race/drive chris's goat first takes forever and he is always going alot faster than i am in his gears in the goat than i am in my SS.... i just wasnt sure all of the difference and i was pretty much using an educated guess with the different internal ratios

Doc GTO

Local 10 sec Caddie
Established Member
SS4Luck said:
i knew something was different, i just didnt know what... i know that when i race/drive chris's goat first takes forever and he is always going alot faster than i am in his gears in the goat than i am in my SS.... i just wasnt sure all of the difference and i was pretty much using an educated guess with the different internal ratios

You were correct with the ratios. I ran a C5 with an M6 and that 1st takes forever compared to my car!

Users who are viewing this thread