SSBC 5-Lug Conv.?

Established Member
you wouldnt be able to use most rims due to those 5 lug front rotors they use. the dust cap would stick out & you couldnt put on the center cap. better to get 94-95 spindles

Last edited:

V3C1AN

Established Member
Wouldn't the 94+ spindles cause clearance issues with the fender using a 10" wide rear rim and 295+ tires? Want to try and avoid rolling the fenders if at all possible.

V3C1AN

Established Member
Must have been more exhausted than I thought replying to that post. Read spindles as axles .........

JoeRacer

Established Member
Just get 94-95 spindles (96+ have slightly different geometry and are usable, but best to research if the pros outweigh the cons for you), and a brake upgrade kit for the SN95 mustang that includes rotors, calipers, hoses, dust shields, and the other stuff. In the rear just run the North Race Car brackets with fox length axles (I think two passenger side aerostar axles, or two driver side ranger axles iirc). You'll need a few other things, a brake-bias controller is not a bad idea, you'll definitely need adapters for the brake lines, fluid for the diff, and some other stuff. It's not that hard of a swap. I wasn't that impressed with the braking vs. some other sports cars I've driven (93 RX-7, RX-8, 350Z, WRX STi, E36 M3, 135i), but it is pretty good vs. a stock fox body, and I'm sure a pretty good improvement over the stock 93 Cobra gear. I'd get some aftermarket brake pads if you can, the brake pads that come with the FRPP brake upgrade kits suck. Let me know if there is anything else you'd like to know about the swap :).

Users who are viewing this thread