SSHS7 - Personal Best

Glenn Ford

Atlanta Trilogy #1
Established Member
SSHS7 - Personal Best Time

I have posted this thread on the MM.nets and I thought it might be of some interest on this net. (Very nice net.) A side comment is that I have made my MM a faux "SVT". Of course SVT did not develop the MM. SVT only released Fords. But, I have personalized the car has many SVT items on it: SVT GT Ford VCs, FRPP SVT rear girdle cover, rear SVT emblem.

I have been working for 3 years to run in the 11s with my MM on a limited budget. I finally ran 11.96 sec with a 1.72 60' time at SSHS7. The previous pass I had a 12.4 with a 1.57 60' time with a stuck LL button and dragged the front tires part of the way down the track. I got started on modding my MM by Todd (TAF) who hooked me up with Team Ford and the two best Master Mechanics in Atlanta - Scott and Jason.

Once the modding started the goal began to develop to run the MM in the 11s. Alot of research and net reading time went into deciding what components were best to maintain a streetable car and run 11s. I reviewed and rejected many mods that were not completely tested and accepted by the MM community. In summary, the below mods put this car into the 11s on a relatively modest budget (excluding the SC of course).

Trilogy SC #124 with 3.0 pulley - 13# boost
Metco control arms and Watts linkage
PI 3000 TC
FR Cobra Shorty Headers (ceramic coated)
Cobra MF X-pipe with hi-flow CATS
Stock trans with FR hi-capacity pan and extra B&W cooler with trans gauge.
Engine tune and firmer 2nd gear shift by Lidio - 419 RWHP & 416 RWTQ
K&N intake (filter lightly oiled only - no sock)
Race tune at the track with 100 octane gas.
4:10 gears and FR rear girdle kit
Nitto 305x45x18 DRs
Hurst line lock - a must have to burn the Nittos.
Custom made air intake through a replacement left HL assembly.

The above are the main mods to make the car run 11s. In addition, some helpful hints are:

Burn the Nitto DRs up before the launch. Run 16# pressure.
50 PSI in front tires.
Launch at 1,200 rpm and gradually roll into the throttle.
Always run 100 octane even if NA as a safety margin if you have a tune.
Launch as soon as you see the last amber light

Good luck. I plan on going for the 11.7s at Fun Ford Weekend in April. If it can launch with a 1.57 60' time it can run into the 11.7s.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2e00d9df-e5b8-46a2-8197-99de017d4665.htm

Glenn :burnout:

Last edited:

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Congrats man. Seeing this really makes me miss my marauder. Hopefully i can get another down the road. Keep us posted.

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread