SSS & SSW polished catback

gtmuscle

Established Member
I see that Stainless steel systems and Stailess steel works both make polished catbacks. Any body have them for the terminator? i am looking for new, want polished to save time from polishing others i thought i would get one of these systems. or i could buy the bassani as it seems to be the closest to polished and should require less manual polishing.

gtmuscle

Established Member
i am either gonna get bassani or mac. i just dont like the way the mac looks, as i want to see the pipes.

BO TY KLR

Established Member
Buy exhaust for sound, not finish.

I disagree with this statement. IMO the exhaust running under axle on these cars is one on the best looking feature about the IRS cars from behind. So a stainless CB is only way to go. Doesn't get rusty, and you can polish to mirror finish. Also make sure there are no clamps in the middle of the tailpipe as seen from behind. I hate that.

Last edited:

gtmuscle

Established Member
well i decided to keep the magnaflow exhaust and change to a magnaflow o/r X pipe from a prochamber.

I am glad i did this as the x pipe makes it tons louder and i probably would not have liked the stingers as this is more than loud enough.

i did take the cat back off and polish it with a high speed samder and polisher, and it looks great!!

so i am happy, got a litlle louder with good exhaust note and it it shined to a mirror finish, plus i saved about $750 by not purchasing the new catback

Teej281

Established Member
I disagree with this statement. IMO the exhaust running under axle on these cars is one on the best looking feature about the IRS cars from behind. So a stainless CB is only way to go. Doesn't get rusty, and you can polish to mirror finish. Also make sure there are no clamps in the middle of the tailpipe as seen from behind. I hate that.

I have an IRS and I love the look of IRS tailpipes and all...but you could polish the stock catback and have whatever mufflers you wanted welded into it. I personally will never own an aluminized steel catback again. I prefer stainless, but if you don't like the sound of the majority of the exhausts out there, you're kinda screwed. But with flowmaster an Mac now making stainless catbacks, every exhaust option is now available in stainless. But what I was stating is I'd buy exhaust for sound because if you hate how it sounds, you're by gonna like the exhaust period as you don't get to enjoy the rear view ever. Know what I mean?

BO TY KLR

Established Member
Know what I mean?

Yea, i hear ya. When I needed a little more tone at idle thats what i did was get some flowmasters welded into magnaflow stainless tail that I polished. I was just saying I would never go with anything other than stainless tails on these cars because exhaust is so easily seen from behind.

Teej281

Established Member
true that my friend. cant argue that stainless tails with an IRS cannot be beat. plus stainless sounds better than aluminized to me.

Users who are viewing this thread