ST Mounts TSB?????

nycarpenter

Established Member
My local ford dealers are telling me 2 month wait for the parts. I am also told I need to drop my car off for the day to see if their expert can duplicate the shift bang that I get every time you get into the car. The service manager then states its at their discretion to replace the mounts or not. This is from the dealership that just took $25,000 from me for the car. Ford is a joke they make things gray when it's clearly black or white.

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
Yeah I emailed the dealer one day dropped off the next and had it back with the tsb and headlight recall done. The bang is much less prominent and the wheel hop is less.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
I ordered parts in August and didn't get installed until end of October. I understand the wait, but you shouldn't have to drop it off all day for a test drive. I waited 45 minutes for them to test drive mine during the diagnosis and they returned stating they had to order the parts, as I expected.

TRBO VNM

Yeah, parts have been like that since the start. Thankful I took mine in the same day the tsb was released. And my dealer never drove my car. Some go by the book with operations.

Tell them you will take the tech for a drive to duplicate it. Many have done that. If the problem occurs I thought they were obligated to perform the tsb.

If needed, go higher up the chain. I have seen some have to call corporate.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
I was told my parts would be in late October. I got a call yesterday that they will be in next week. They said they could have it done in half a day...I LOL'd.

TRBO VNM

I really feel bad for those who get jerked around or have issues with dealers when they shouldn't. Which reminds me, I need to take mine back in to get the BCM replaced because the clock is slow. They ordered the part, I just need to get it in there.

nycarpenter

Established Member
UPDATE:
TSB work was done on my car yesterday! The tech is not happy with the results but I must be honest its so dam cold I think the wheel hop was most of what he was feeling and hearing. They told me to bring it back it I could not live with the results. They were really very good this time around I tipped him $20 and went on my way.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Yeah I emailed the dealer one day dropped off the next and had it back with the tsb and headlight recall done. The bang is much less prominent and the wheel hop is less.

Same here. Got mine done, took about 1.5 months for the parts to all show up.

It's not PERFECT, but for a no cost fix and less vibrations than an aftermarket solution I will call it much improved. :burnout:

TRBO VNM

Then you need more power. I haven't had wheel hop since I did the TSB. I do have a tune on the car and instead of hop it spins.

Zhart

Established Member
I had my TSB completed today. The Ford dealership that did the work had the parts in a few days after they ordered them.

I have not had a chance to drive the car hard yet. I had bad wheel hop after the temperatures got cold here. The tires are horrible in the cold weather when it comes to traction.

I did immediately notice the clutch pedal is softer now.

I will post up more results when I get some more seat time.

SVR-S

TwinPort FR500
Established Member
I replaced my engine mount with the Ford approved version and noticed on dry roads an improvement.Floored the throttle in 2nd on wet road today and the banging was very pronounced,so,maybe ok in the dry but when wet and plenty of wheelspin the banging is horrendous.Do have Bluefin installed and making 285 Wheel HP.

TRBO VNM

Jason
What is the rwhp with a tune alone?

honestly I don't recall. With so much going on with other things in life I haven't been back on the other board in a while and forgot what the claim or reported dyno numbers were. I know with the typical mods (intake, intercooler, exhaust, tune) people are seeing 320+ tq and I think 270-280+ hp.

Users who are viewing this thread