Stage 1 of AmericanMuscle Project Blackout - The Ultimate 2012 GT Street Car Build

AMChrisRose

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXlTu_usMXQ"]Stage 1: 2012 Mustang GT Project Blackout by AmericanMuscle.com - YouTube[/nomedia]

I guess I should introduce you to our new manual 2012 Mustang GT. We’ve named it Project Blackout, and if you’ve been following our build on our Facebook page, you probably know that we’re building it up in 4 Stages, from simple bolt-ons, to the ultimate street Mustang with more horsepower than you’d ever need!

When you’re starting with a 400 horsepower (368 to the tires) 5.0L Mustang, some people forget that this thing is no joke – even in stock form! We headed to the track, and on stock tires, stock tire pressure and terrible track prep, we were able to throw down a 13.29 ET. That’s no challenge for us, and we know that similar real-world tests, right off the showroom floor have averaged about 13.0, so that’s what we decided to use as our baseline. Now it was time to mod!

JLT Performance Carbon Fiber CAI and Bama Performance Custom Tuner
JLT Performance Oil Separator
Classic Design Concepts (CDC) Matte Black Chin Spoiler
Black Retro Billet Grilles

We picked up over 55 horsepower and 40 torque to the ground on our in-house Dynojet 224xLC with only these mods. The dyno results were impressive, but it was the half second gained at the track while still keeping our stock tires and stock tire pressure that really solidified the importance of a Cold Air Intake & Tune as your first mod!

Project Blackout is looking pretty good, but stay tuned for Stage 2 of our build! What do you think should be our next mods? Comment below and tell us what you think!

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
nice! I was there the night you guys ran this car, but.................haters gonna hate in 5...4....3....2....1.....

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
there are a ton of haters.. damn. I have nothing but good things to say about AM.. wtf are those people complaining about?! Not every track is the same. Not every driver is the same as well. 13.29 is what the average joe would run with one of these things, stock.

Id like to see you guys put the Forgestar F14's on that thing with the 305 Mickey thompson drag radials.
Lower it
lower/upper rear control arms
panhard bar
other suspension stuff
Some type of power adder
new clutch/flywheel
shifter, shifter bracket.

etc etc

Tucker

Great job guys.
Gaining over a 1/2 second and 6 MPH with a Bama tune and JLT intake! That's awesome and impressive.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
2.4 60ft wow, decent track conditions and better launch thats a 12 sec run easily stock. Same track or just better driver the 2nd time?

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Next mod should be a driver mod, 2.4 60'!! Just ribbing ya's.
I would like see a Boss intake maybe a X-pipe.

stang8psi

Established Member
why does that guy call them Bama tunes if he lives in PA? just wondering. no h8

They bought the name from Doug, and well basically used his name to get there sct's and files out there and since AM had no prior experience they would have had a tough time selling them. So Buy a well known name that had been tuning for some time and continue to use it to not loose any of The Original Bama customers, and gain new ones using said Bama (Doug's) company name.

Users who are viewing this thread