Stage 2 STI V.S. 2011 5.0 GT

mr2cam

Established Member
20G turbos will put down over 400awhp, not a surprise that it took down the stock 11 stang.

cobra22psi

GOD LIKE!
Established Member
So no cobra, no explanation of your mods and not in Florida and posting 5.0 loss stories on this site and making the driver out to be an ass... hmmm? What's this smell like? Anybody?

I've still got a 68 mustang. :shrug: and I still have the forged 5.4 that i had in the car before i sold it. Its currently in storage at my friends garage in florida until i find another Mustang to put it in. I found a V6 mustang that i was going to put it in but it was in far worse shape then i thought it was. As far as mods go it had a hellion twin turbo system running at 22 psi, Meth kit, Ford GT cams, built T56, Built rear end,ETC. I sold it to my friend who owned the garage where every thing was done.
I moved why is that a big deal
why would you flip someone off because you lost to a faster car, he was a punk kid who had a fast car but couldn't drive and got smoked.

Last edited:

bettner12

Iraq bound
Established Member
quit bickering, the legacy Gt guys made a spreadsheet... typical engineers and IT professionals...
stages hold true for all subarus

also bringing this back from the dead :banana:

Unofficial Legacy GT “Stage Upgrade” Definitions

Stage 0: Stock with or without; panel filter / intake, or pulley

Stage 1: Stage 0 plus an upgraded ECU map/tune

Stage 1.5: Stage 0 plus a down pipe, and basic stage 2 map/tune

Stage 2: Up pipe, down pipe, upgraded stage 2 ECU map/tune. With or without Stage 0

Stage 2.5: Stage 2 plus a header, cat back exhaust, intercooler upgrade, further upgraded ECU map/tune

Stage 3: Stage 2.5 plus upgraded turbo, and stock fuel system

Stage 3.5: Stage 2.5 plus upgraded turbo and upgraded fuel system

Stage 4: Stage 3 or 3.5 plus upgraded heads or a full engine build

Stage 4.5: Stage 3 or 3.5 with both upgraded heads and a full engine build

Stage 5: Let’s dare to dream!!! Maybe fully built H6 Twin Turbo???

*Having an upgraded wastegate actuator, boost control solenoid, or TGV deletes are just pluses and do not fit into any one “stage” category.

**If you are running a methanol injection system you simply add a “+” to your Stage. I.E. Stage 2.5 +

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
wow STI's are killing us 5.0's...second posting today ive read on the topic. iwnnaply
Nice kill o/P

20g is one step up from stock VF39, and usually good for 340-350HP...with meth and maybe an aggressive tune he may be telling the truth on 380AWHP. Only downside is that short gearing and only hitting nearly 100MPH at the top of fourth. Bad news though, that 5.0L was stock.. a couple bolts ons and sti is toast on a roll.

THanks for sharing o/P

2K1 SVT

Established Member
Look at the date of the thread, this kill happened a long time ago.

For some reason bettner12 felt like bumping a year old thread.

Users who are viewing this thread