Stage 3 Lunati blower cams

oilwell1415

Established Member
Something tells me this isn't in a Lightnng.

Those cams appear to have about 25 degrees of overlap. That will dump a lot of boost straight out the exhaust port. They'll probably scream at high rpm with quite a loss of mid and low end.

02SILVERBULLET

horsepower addict
Established Member
2200-6400 rpm range? you want the torque to help move that heavy pig of a truck out of the hole. i think you will be giving up way too much low end with these.
what are the specs on your motor? gearing? what 6 speed manual? what is the gear ratio? do you really plan to spin your engine over 6400? What valve spring setup do you plan on using? they recomend springs with 100lb seat pressure at the specified installed height but from my reading and experince you will likely want something closer to the 130lb at installed height especially if you plan on spin the thing over 6k rpm. If you dont plan on spinning it that high get a cam more friendly to your engine's range. cams good to 5400-5800 max with are good with shift points over 6k

Imho those cams would be more suited to a much lighter 2v car with deep gearing and a shorter stroke than the 5.4

Users who are viewing this thread