Stainless Works FTW

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
I ordered my exhaust today. After looking at all of the options out there; I decided to go with the best overall quality, fit, engineering, and accessories. I went with the Full setup of Long Tube headers, 3" X pipe with catylic converters, and a 3" catback exhaust. It should be here within the month and hopefully installed not long after. I would like to thank Al at Stainless Works and Andy (fourcam) for helping me make my decision.

I can't wait!

I will start a new thread with impressions and dyno results soon.

STAINLESS WORKS FTW

manOwar

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
I ordered my exhaust today. After looking at all of the options out there; I decided to go with the best overall quality, fit, engineering, and accessories. I went with the Full setup of Long Tube headers, 3" X pipe with catylic converters, and a 3" catback exhaust. It should be here within the month and hopefully installed not long after. I would like to thank Al at Stainless Works and Andy (fourcam) for helping me make my decision.

I can't wait!

I will start a new thread with impressions and dyno results soon.

STAINLESS WORKS FTW

I wanted Stainless Works also but couldn't wait 6 weeks.

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
manOwar said:
I wanted Stainless Works also but couldn't wait 6 weeks.
the 3" x pipe and catback that stainless works makes sets them apart from the rest. I would think with the KB you'd definitely want a 3" exhaust. I know I would IMO.

manOwar

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
the 3" x pipe and catback that stainless works makes sets them apart from the rest. I would think with the KB you'd definitely want a 3" exhaust. I know I would IMO.
I may step up when the bottom gets built but for now, only 700whp, the 2.5" should be ok.

Fourcam330

Established Member
manOwar said:
Over your current set up? I would say not more than 20.:shrug:

So far I count three cars with gains over 28rwhp/tq. The supporting mods of those GT500s were the same as Dave's car: Pulley, 93 oct. tune, JLT.

manOwar

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
So far I count three cars with gains over 28rwhp/tq. The supporting mods of those GT500s were the same as Dave's car: Pulley, 93 oct. tune, JLT.

Cool, So what do you think I will see with the Kooks and KB?

Fourcam330

Established Member
Pics of the Stainless Works full exhaust (1 7/8" LTs, 3" X w/metallic substrate cats, 3" catback):

IMG_1828.jpg

IMG_1827.jpg

Tips don't protrude past the bumper on production kits, this was a prototype:

IMG_1826.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1791.jpg

Stock exhaust manifold with 2 1/4" neckdown:

IMG_1784.jpg

IMG_1781.jpg

More 2 1/4" crimps in the stock X pipe:

IMG_1788.jpg

IMG_1787.jpg

In case anyone was still in doubt reg. what heads are on the car:

IMG_1815.jpg

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
manOwar said:
3" pulley is rated at 15.5lbs and 697whp on 93oct.

I really can't say for sure since I haven't seen one in person yet. I believe their numbers will be achievable though.
I would like to see the difference Kooks 1 3/4" vs. SWorks 1 7/8" makes at the higher HP levels you will be running.

manOwar

Established Member
I will have to wait awhile before I do much more at this point. I'm in deep sh*t with the wife about all the parts she has signed for in the last 2 weeks.

I'm sure some one else will do 1 7/8" with their KB but every thing I've seen, 1 7/8" will only benifit you at 700+. Is that correct or am I missing some thing?

chuckstang

Established Member
Any weight savings over stock?
Also, do you guys know if you can use SW's 3in X pipe and Cat back with the stock headers or no?
thx

Users who are viewing this thread