stainless works headers

jjones

Established Member
Does anyone know where i can get some stainless works headers for a 2015 gt. i have had them on order with american muscle for going on 5 weeks and they can not give me an eta. I would order someone else' but i have the cat back with there connection sitting on my floor. the only option it to send them back and buy another companies headers and cat back system. kooks is an option but do they make a full system? I could put the flow master american thunder on it but it is not 3".

SinisterMustang

Established Member
Does anyone know where i can get some stainless works headers for a 2015 gt. i have had them on order with american muscle for going on 5 weeks and they can not give me an eta. I would order someone else' but i have the cat back with there connection sitting on my floor. the only option it to send them back and buy another companies headers and cat back system. kooks is an option but do they make a full system? I could put the flow master american thunder on it but it is not 3".

Hey Jjones,

Kooks does make a full exhaust system for the 2015 Mustang. Allow me to get that link for you:
http://www.sinistermustang.com/kooks-stainless-steel-long-tube-headers-2015-mustang-gt.html

If you click the drop down, you can pick which application you're looking for!

These headers are available, we also have their H/X pipes and cat/axle backs, but it looks like you're got that covered!

Let me know if you need any more assistance! I'd be more than happy to get you taken care of!

Thanks,

- Michael

Last edited:

jjones

Established Member
thanks for the information. the stainless works cat back has what they call a performance connection the is different from oem. will that hook up to the kooks with out cutting? I told american muscle that i was considering sending the cat back at there exspense and they said they would consider it.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com

Hey OP - I'm sorry to see and hear about the delay and inconvenience here but can you please shoot me a Private Message with your order number? I'm more than happy to call our friends at SW and see what's going on down there! They owe me a favor so I'm sure I can get this rectified for you!

Let me know and I'm here to help!

Alex

14ksstang

Established Member
I ordered mine through Terry at beefcake racing. I got them within 3 days of ordering. Had great business with him.

SinisterMustang

Established Member
thanks for the information. the stainless works cat back has what they call a performance connection the is different from oem. will that hook up to the kooks with out cutting? I told american muscle that i was considering sending the cat back at there exspense and they said they would consider it.

Hey Jjones,

What size is the Stainless work catback flange? Kooks also uses a different flange size than OEM.

Let me know!

Thanks,

- Michael

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to throw an update in here for everyone. Due to some of the snow we've received in the past couple weeks SW's facility had some excess snow on the roof of their facility that caused some damage and forced them to stop operations for roughly 2 weeks. The OP's system is being shipped to us very shortly and we're going to have it sent out overnight if he'd like to hold onto the order!

Sorry about the delay but if anyone has any other questions don't hesitate to let me know and I'm here to help!

Alex

George@stainles

Sorry for the delay

Guys this is George Rumore the Sales Manager here at Stainless Works. We are sorry for the delay. We received a ton of snow this year and as it started to melt at an alarming rate we had a problem with our roof that caused a 2 week delay because it effected some of our equipment. We are back on schedule and shipping product. We are shipping a partial order to American Muscle Thursday and then the remainder on Tuesday. Again sorry for the delay. OP please send me your Address to [email protected] so I can send you some gear for your inconvenience. Again sorry this is no way the fault of American Muscle. Thanks for being patient.

jjones

Established Member
Guys this is George Rumore the Sales Manager here at Stainless Works. We are sorry for the delay. We received a ton of snow this year and as it started to melt at an alarming rate we had a problem with our roof that caused a 2 week delay because it effected some of our equipment. We are back on schedule and shipping product. We are shipping a partial order to American Muscle Thursday and then the remainder on Tuesday. Again sorry for the delay. OP please send me your Address to [email protected] so I can send you some gear for your inconvenience. Again sorry this is no way the fault of American Muscle. Thanks for being patient.

thanks for all of the updates. the main reason i have started asking questions was i had call in three times in the last week and got no where with american muscle. so i called stainless works my self and kept getting that the where going to ship several times. I had had ever asked for was honest communication. it appears not that i have some good information and all is headed in the right direction. thanks again to alex and george

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
'

Hey George - Thanks for stopping by and for your help here! Sorry to hear about the trouble with the weather!

Alex

thanks for all of the updates. the main reason i have started asking questions was i had call in three times in the last week and got no where with american muscle. so i called stainless works my self and kept getting that the where going to ship several times. I had had ever asked for was honest communication. it appears not that i have some good information and all is headed in the right direction. thanks again to alex and george

jj - Sorry about the delay and inconvenience again - As much as I wish I could control the weather (Believe me I do) It's a variable that's sadly out of my control. As I said in my PM I'm watching and waiting for your kit to get in stock and as soon as I see that it's here you'll have it the next day free of charge because of the wait. Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions at all and I'm here to help!

Alex

jjones

Established Member
We'll I hate to say I do not guess you can trust anybody and what they tell you now days. When i ordered these 5.5 weeks ago American muscle told me i was the only back order for these headers and that they 9 sets on order. I have been dealing with Alex from American muscle since I started this thread. It all started getting me excited when about 2 weeks ago i got an email saying that they where back in stock. I was told that was an automated email and was probably incorrect. I was given the run down on how the weather delayed them 2 weeks which I understand. I was told by him that he was watching this everyday and was going to ship them to me next day shipping, which is great. However the stories conflict between George and Alex. George is from stainless works. I was assured last week that stainless works was shipping a bunch of kits out Thursday. Well I p'med Alex on Friday last week. He assured me that they shipped from ss works on Thursday. Well later on Friday 3/20 I got another "automated email" saying they were moving out another 2-3 weeks. I p'med Alex again and he assured me that that is not the case with mine. I said ok. We'll I gave them till Tuesday 3/24 mid-afternoon. I p'med him again and I said that it was only a one day point but I gave him two days from them to get to him. He then told me that it would take 24-48 once it hit his dock for him to know that it was there. Sounds odd to me but I give everybody benefit of doubt. So I waited till today at about 15 min before they close today 3/25 and called them. Tried to get Alex on the phone again but no luck. The guy I talked to was nice but tried explaining why they where late and telling me everything I had already heard. I told him I already knew all of that. He even said that he did not think they had left ss works yet. Well they could not give me an update as to when I would get them or when they would ship. So they refunded me on the headers and also refunded the cat back that I have had for 5 weeks. I just have to send them back to them at there expense. I think the "automated email system" knew more than the people answering the phone. I was getting ready to order my super charger from them once I got the headers but not now. Now the search begins to get headers and exhaust along with the super charger.

Users who are viewing this thread