Stalling issue on somebody's tune. Bypass valve questions

stewarts2008

Established Member
I got my car dyno tuned here by a local guy and it works great. That isnt the issue.

My issue is that with somebody elses tune that I got in a deal, my car isnt tuning as normally as every body elses. Why am I still bothering with it if i have a tune that works great, you ask? IDK. I just am. Here is whats going on.

With this email tune, I get compressor surge if i rev it high or do a pull. It also wants to die everytime I cruise to a stop. Sometimes it comes to a stop perfectly fine, other times the RPMs drop, goes rich, and dies. WOT is spot on though.

I spent entire days going back over the i/c piping as well as taking everything apart to include throttle body, boss intake mani, throttle body spacer... and i check to make sure they are seated properly. I even tried the debated method of spraying carb cleaner on the connections to see if the idle raises due to a leak. So that should eliminate boost and vacuum leaks.

My dyno tune sometimes goes a LITTLE rich on decel/coming to a stop, but it never thinks of stalling.

That leaves the Bypass valve. This is my latest theory. If i had a bypass that doenst compressor surge with my dyno tune, but does it on this other email tune, I could assume that the dyno tune guy has the cam positions set up more aggressively and it creates a larger vacuum to open the BPV. Now, in theory, if I thought my BPV was too tight, I would loosen it and that would resolve the fluttering of the other tune because it would take less vacuum to open the valve, right?

I have also been reading that faulty BPVs could lead to that stalling/rich condition on decel as well. Is that correct?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread