Stalling On Deceleration - PCM Update

gcawad

Established Member
I just got my car back tonight after having the computer updated with the latest software to correct this stalling. My cobra had developed a bad habit of stalling over the last two weeks. I drove it twice since picking it up, since they did not wash it I did, and so far it seems to have corrected the problem.

Also had them realighn the drivers window to get rid of that annoying squeek.

Gary

haskett

Established Member
Did they give you any specifics on the software update ? Does it match the 2nd run program ?

gcawad

Established Member
They did not not give any details on the software update. They ran several other tests first, everything looked good.

gcawad

Established Member
Well it has been a month and the stalling returned around two weeks ago on the way home from washing the car. It is not as often as before but is always threatening. Idle will start to dip towards the 500 mark then jump up to 800. My wife drove it yesterday for a ten minute round trip and came back disgusted; two stalls in the ten minute ride. I'm not sure what to do to correct this.

Gary

2thman

giggle gas expert
Established Member
Originally posted by gcawad
I'm not sure what to do to correct this.

Gary

Im in the same boat. I almost DIED exiting the interstate the other day. Am taking it in for the new flash. If that does not work I am going to inform the gm that I am getting an aftermarket chip to fix the problem. I would rather fight for warrenty issues, than end up in the ER:mj:

jason

Leadhead

Melodramatic Nihilist
Established Member
Is it possible that you might have a warped throttle body. I have a similar problem in one of my vehicles, though it is effected by temperature. On hot days, the car will stall alot and the rpms vary all of the time.

Cobra'03

Established Member
I think that a warped TB could be a specific problem, but does not address the great majority of us that have a continuing problem with the "500 dip, sometimes it quit" syndrome. I have checked everything, had the reflash (pulled my chip), and the problem comes around every once in a while still. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread