stalling really getting annoying

Black Cobra

Established Member
This morning I left the air off, traction control on and proceded towards the end of my street. I noticed that the engine windup was not smooth through 1st and 2nd like it normally is after the engine has warmed up for a say 5 minutes. The first thing I tried was to just press the clutch pedal to the floor and see if anything happened. The RPMs dropped to about 750 and stayed there. Then I started pressing the brake and the RPMs started to drop but it didn't look like it was going to stall so I pressed the brake harder and the RPMs dropped below 500. To keep the car from stalling I eased off the brake a little and pressed the gas pedal a little. After the RPMs got back up to 750, I got back on the brakes, and again brought the RPMs down below 500. Again I was able to prevent the car from stalling using a little "heel/toe" technique with the throttle. I'm at the stop sign by now and turn out onto another road and traffic is backed up. I travel about a 1/10th of a mile and almost coast to a stop (up hill), upon barely touching the brakes...the engines dies. Cranks right back up and after crossing the magical 1/2 mile the engine can not be made to stall again until the next morning.

This seems to have something to do with the brake booster and vacuum. I think the EGR is linked in there too. I'm not sure how all this is affecting the computer and what is actually causing the engine to stall. Too lean? Too Rich?

CRZ8R

Established Member
Traction Control Culprit

Mine only does that when the traction control is NOT turned off. I have noticed it three times... each time I forgot to turn off the traction control. If you give it too much gas with the traction on, it kills the ignition thus stalling the car.

Users who are viewing this thread