Stand Alone

Robin Lawrence

Established Member
I'm going to have to agree on the Holley. I work at Holley LOL. Really it's very easy to get used to and make changes that you can understand.
the part number listed by Brett is for the 99 and newer Mod Motor. We do not have a harness for the 4 post early mod motor col setups.

I would recommend that you upgrade to Coil Near Plug smart coils. At a minimum you would need to go to the later coil setup.

Robin

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Any chance Holly makes anything that controls the 6r80? I know Motec was working on it but not yet. That is my real hang up is the 6r80. Im considering a Glide tho so I can run the Holly.

I'm going to have to agree on the Holley. I work at Holley LOL. Really it's very easy to get used to and make changes that you can understand.
the part number listed by Brett is for the 99 and newer Mod Motor. We do not have a harness for the 4 post early mod motor col setups.

I would recommend that you upgrade to Coil Near Plug smart coils. At a minimum you would need to go to the later coil setup.

Robin

Robin Lawrence

Established Member
Any chance Holly makes anything that controls the 6r80? I know Motec was working on it but not yet. That is my real hang up is the 6r80. Im considering a Glide tho so I can run the Holly.

Not at this time. I know the guys are working on many of the late model transmission configurations. Mostly the 6 speeds for now.

CobraSam

Established Member
Holley HP or Dominator all the way. Have the HP on my ProCharged Foxbody and had one on my fox before that. Very simple system and very user friendly. Also great tech support available.
Hard to go wrong with any of the systems out there though.

96dreamer

Established Member
MS3 also has a plug and play stand alone for the 96-98 cars. I don't believe it is listed on their website yet but there have been a few guys who have called and gotten their hands on one. As far as simplicity goes I don't think it can be beat. It is just as capable as the other systems at a much lower price point. I've been running a MS3pro Ultimate on my supercharged 96 for a few years now.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Holley Dominator here, with a 04 COP setup.. Works great, showing no signs of needing to upgrade to the holley coils either.. We have a car that was going 4.7's on stock COP's..

Users who are viewing this thread