Stangmode vs. 13/14 GT500

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Still the in car views of the ‘13-14 (and I think he said 4.10s) always seem to show a third gear leave and one quick 3-4 shift. In that same speed spread, how many gears does the DCT use with 3.73s?
Pretty much anyone can hit a clean 3-4 speed shift, so I don’t see the manual losing much there.
Man I’m ready for decent weather and driving season to start. Midwest problems :(
-J

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Even with a “clean” shift(s). I’m not sure you realize how MUCH faster an efficient a DCT transmission is when it comes to putting the power to the ground. It never loses speed nor momentum. It’s a HUGE advantage man.

PM-Performance

Established Member
It’s cool. I wasn’t dissing you or anything. I was just saying what I feel and that 2+2 usually =4
If you need an online persona or character, you are a fake ass tool. Be real.
Too many dumb kids look up to guys like this for no reason other than he spending money dumb and they want to live through his dumb decisions.

mom sure he is a good guy, but he tries too hard to play the role for views. That loses all my respect

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Even with a “clean” shift(s). I’m not sure you realize how MUCH faster an efficient a DCT transmission is when it comes to putting the power to the ground. It never loses speed nor momentum. It’s a HUGE advantage man.
I’m aware, it’s very clear when you watch roll vids and see how much time is lost on the manual shifts, even decent ones.
WOT box and no-lift shifts can help but never can match the DCT or auto where no boost is lost.
I’m still saying the vid only shows one shift in the ‘13-14 car. I’m not as familiar with the roll racing, but 60-130 times are usually quoted right?
-J

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I’m aware, it’s very clear when you watch roll vids and see how much time is lost on the manual shifts, even decent ones.
WOT box and no-lift shifts can help but never can match the DCT or auto where no boost is lost.
I’m still saying the vid only shows one shift in the ‘13-14 car. I’m not as familiar with the roll racing, but 60-130 times are usually quoted right?
-J

From my experience it is usually a 100 spread. 40-140, 60-160.... I’m thinking since the guy had 410s his 4th might have been limited to 145-150 iirc.

with stock gearing my 14 was money at 55-60mph in 2nd... not sure how that speed would work out in 3rd with 410s. I’m thinking likely a little low on the Rs.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Ill take a 13-14 over the 20. Personal preference.

Sent from my iPad using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread