Stars earn Stripes - yeah or nay?

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
As a parent of an only child currently serving in The Corps over in Afghanistan, I will be curious to see what they do with the show. At first I was offended that they would put stars in the same league as our brave military then I read the below. We shall see I guess.

The eight celebrities will gather at a remote training facility, where they will be challenged to execute complicated missions inspired by real military exercises. From helicopter drops into water to long-range weapons fire, the contestants will be tested physically, mentally and emotionally. Each will be paired with a special operative from a military branch or one of our first-responder forces, including former U.S. Army Delta Force and Green Berets, U.S. Navy SEALS, U.S. Marines and police officers, who train alongside their partners and compete in the missions with them. Each of the teams is competing for a cash prize on behalf of a military, veterans or first-responder charity. Committed to hiring recent vets on to the crew, "Stars Earn Stripes" hopes to inspire other employers throughout the country to make similar commitments to our returning heroes and show audiences just how impossible their service missions really are. Dick Wolf ("Law & Order," "Law & Order: SVU"), Mark Burnett ("The Voice," "Survivor") and David A. Hurwitz ("Fear Factor") serve as executive producers. The series is a production of Universal Television, One Three Media, Wolf Reality, LLC and Bill's Market & Television Productions.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm not 100% sure what you are/was offended about. But the military is always doing public relations stuff and this is all it is. Just trying to drum up more support therefore money for the military...

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
A lot of celebs support our military. Just another way of showing that.
Glad you researched it before you made up your mind

SMOKE

Old School ROUSH
Established Member
Agreed it could be a great show that demonstrates certain skill and requirements as an operator to general public. Cold be informative and entertaining, but we'll see.

It does demonstrate a shift in military and Hollywood relationships. Hopefully showcasing our military forces as celebs will come off as a good thing! We've certainly been on enough NAT GEO or History channel shows ... now its more mainstream.

Users who are viewing this thread