Start Issue 03 KB 2.2

MiamiSnake

Established Member
I have an 03 Cobra with a KB 2.2 on it and on cold starts the car starts up fine but if I drive it for 30 min and then go in a store for 10 min and come back out the car has a hard time starting. I have to crank it a few times and push the gas pedal in a little to get her started up.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Sitnlopro99gt

Established Member
Sounds likes its in the tune, maybe have your tuner turn injectors down when cranking because what is most likely happening is its flooding to an extent.

MiamiSnake

Established Member
Whats your fuel system consist of? Do you have a PRV delete?

I just bought the car but tomorrow I am going to get under it and see if i can see anything what it has.. I was told it has two pumps but I don't hear them prime when I turn the key before turning the car over. I had two Bosch 044 pumps in tank with my Supra and I hear them priming when turn the key just before I turn the engine over. I think it just might be too much fuel at start up.

What is a PRV delete? What does PRV stand for?

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Sorry i meant pprv. The pprv is a valve in the fuel system (inside the tank) that may cause hesitation under hard driving so people delete them. They have been know to cause hard starting once the car is hot. IE car has been running for awhile and you shut it off and hen try to start it again. Doesn't happen to everyone but has been known to happen. This could be your issue. Most that develop this issue live with it and just give the system alittle more time to prime before starting. But you really need to know all your mods. The only way to tell what pumps/fuel hat and if you have a pprv delete kit done is to drop your tank

PPRV= positive pressure relief valve.

SVTmystic290

Established Member
Definatley some good info Troy, have been having the same problem every once in a while with my cobra and mine is practically stock. I have heard of the PPRV doing this before but now Im pretty sure it must be this. There is a very good thread on how to delete it cheap and CORRECTLY!

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Definatley some good info Troy, have been having the same problem every once in a while with my cobra and mine is practically stock. I have heard of the PPRV doing this before but now Im pretty sure it must be this. There is a very good thread on how to delete it cheap and CORRECTLY!

Just to make sure where on the same sheet of music the op's problem (hard to start when warm) is caused by having the pprv delete already done. People do the pprv delete to stop the hesitation between 3-4th gear shifts under WOT. He by product is harder warm starts.

Op this is only a possibility if you do indeed have a pprv delete done by a previous owner. This cannot be determined wihout dropping the tank. With your description of your problem and not knowin the mods this is my first thought. If letting it prime for a few extra seconds helps I would leave it alonee

On another not when I swapped fuel hats which deletes pprv I noticed that it requires alittle longer to start.....

1raresnake

Established Member
What about if you have a fore fuel system with gt40 pumps? I am having the same issues but I have cams.... Could it be in the tune? Cold start up is fine but like op said, after 30 minutes, have to crank 2-3 or push on gas

SVT_Troy

Established Member
What about if you have a fore fuel system with gt40 pumps? I am having the same issues but I have cams.... Could it be in the tune? Cold start up is fine but like op said, after 30 minutes, have to crank 2-3 or push on gas

Whats the rest of your fuel system consist of? What fuel hat are you using,If its a stock hat do you have a pprv delete? As far as the cams and tune causing an issue i really don't know.

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
I have this same issue but I'm just living with it for now. Cold starts are fine, warm starts I need to give it a little gas to fire. Fuel system is twin GT pumps, BAP, fore hat, fore filter, modified FPDM and a -8 feed. Let me know if you find a fix.

Mystic03

Established Member
fore hat has the pprv built in it thats the problem or i shouldnt say problem..its what it does my cobra does it and my buddies whipple cobra as well

Users who are viewing this thread