Start Up and Idle Trouble!

99BlkLitng

Established Member
For a while now my L has been giving me a hard time starting in the mornings. It will turn over but then it will just die. I have to sit there with the gas pedal depressed a little til it warms up and then it will run. Today I went out to start the L and of course it did the same thing but after about 5 minutes of holding in the gass pedal to warm it up I let off and it quit. After about 10 minutes I was finally able to get it to idle but only around 300-400 rpm. I drove it around for a while and it finally started to idle normal around 550-600 rpm. I also have a vibration noise that sounds like the air filter is vibrating and when I tap the gas it stops and I do not hear it again. I am going to take it to the dealer Monday and see if they can figure out what is wrong. Does anyone know what the cause of my problems could be or have any ideas of what my problems are and has anyone had similar problems. Thanks for any info and help.

Damon

99BlkLitng

Established Member
Start Up problem fixed???

Well I checked the IAC(idle air control) and it was a little dirty so i cleaned it out and the past two days I have not had trouble starting up and keeping idle. I still have a funny sound that happens when I let off the gas and sometimes at start up after its inital rev to idle. Does anyone know what this vibration type noise could be? Any ideas welcomed.

Damon

Users who are viewing this thread