Started my teardown / build today!!!

sgtboylan

Frankenstang creator
Established Member
Its been a long time coming, but I finally started my Mach 1 4valve rebuild today! :rockon: We took all of the electrical ($@p off, removed the intake manifold, coolant crossover, alternator, and took one of the valve covers off to check out the cams, etc... Everything looked great! spark plugs looked good, injectors (not reusing) looked great, heck, the cams, followers, springs, etc looked OUTSTANDING! there were some oil marks on the intake manifold, but that was expected and i'm making a homemade catch can breather anyway. Very happy with how everything looked. W/ any luck I'll be all the way torn down and into reassembly by sunday. wish me luck guys and hopefully I don't blow it up. lol:fm: Final setup will be a 4.6L 32valve w/ stock cams and heads, stock forged crank, MMR I beams, 18cc manley dish pistons, MLS head gaskets, 47# injectors, MMR 7qt oil pan, Vortech V2 T-trim w/ air to air FMIC Tial b.o.v. and anderson power pipe (don't have power pipe yet), blow through maf, stock 3650 trans, 4.10 gears, modified FPDM, Dual svt focus pumps w/ K.B. 20 amp BAP, and i think thats it. lol. I can't wait to get some crazy ass speeding tickets. haha. I took a whole bunch of pictures I'll put up in the morning.

sgtboylan

Frankenstang creator
Established Member
sgtboylan

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Good luck, that piece is dirty! Spend a little time to get all the nooks and crannies to make it awesome or, if the budget supports, get it powdercoated!

sgtboylan

Frankenstang creator
Established Member
yeah, the engine has been in my garage for more than a year... i've been in Afghanistan, so it got pretty filthy...i'm gonna clean and paint the valve/cop covers, intake manifold, and intercooler piping red and white to match the outside.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
yeah, the engine has been in my garage for more than a year... i've been in Afghanistan, so it got pretty filthy...i'm gonna clean and paint the valve/cop covers, intake manifold, and intercooler piping red and white to match the outside.

:thumbsup: :beer: Welcome home and thanks for your service!

sgtboylan

Frankenstang creator
Established Member
thanks man. i can't wait to get it wrapped up. it was really great to get my hands on the engine being home. it was all I thought about for the 7 months i was in afghanistan. haha. except girls and food of course.:dancenana:

sgtboylan

Frankenstang creator
Established Member
On a side note. made some more progress tonight. got all of the accessories off and the exhaust manifolds (which were a p.i.t.a.), valve covers are off and getting prepped for paint. engine is on a stand and tomorrow morning its "off with their (its) heads". lol sorry. i had to.

Users who are viewing this thread