Starting a sleeve

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
looks good with the updated pics, the 2 tattoos looked like they needed to be tied together so good choice on doing that. Im thinking about a sleeve maybe. I started one on my right arm, I started from the other end though, goes from the back of my wrist up to my elbow. Havent decided yet if Im gonna keep going with it or just leave it be.

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
The flag in the background ties everything in together and makes it look a lot better. Really digging it.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Still more to come, but this was a good stopping point for now, still have the Gadsden flag to incorporate on the back, it's gonna kick more ass IMHO :)

Sent from Riddla's massive Johnson

BLK_03

Established Member
Excellent decision. After the sleeve is done, you should get a huge Taz on your calf, or Spongebob on your shoulder blade.
SICK!

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Excellent decision. After the sleeve is done, you should get a huge Taz on your calf, or Spongebob on your shoulder blade.
SICK!

I already have a spongebob on my shoulder :shrug:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Are you mad I didn't post pics of spongebob :shrug:

images-3.jpg

are you happy now :shrug:

Last edited:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Looking good man. I agree about the flag making it looks more complete. I love it.

SVTPete83

Established Member
If your current job doesnt want you to have a full sleeve, did it ever cross your thoughts that you might not possibly be able to get a future job because of it? My current job is very well paying for what I do and having no college under my belt. I am lucky and blessed to be a part of the company I am, but they absolutely do not hire people with visible tattoos. I have nothing against tatoos, my wife has some pretty cool looking ink. But I cant help but think how this could hurt some people down the road and limit what kind of jobs they can get...

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
I make too much money to think of risking my job because of a tattoo :nonono:
been there 15 yrs.,., not gonna say how much I make.,. but I want for nothing :shrug:

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
Dislike. I regret tattooing my body up and would have them removed asap when I can afford it. I cant even attempt to hide them.. they're going up my neck and from my shoulders to my wrists. I don't wear tanktops in public anymore, I feel like a freak with them on my skin. 28 now, I had them all done 5 years ago. Not sure why I did it but you live and learn.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Dislike. I regret tattooing my body up and would have them removed asap when I can afford it. I cant even attempt to hide them.. they're going up my neck and from my shoulders to my wrists. I don't wear tanktops in public anymore, I feel like a freak with them on my skin. 28 now, I had them all done 5 years ago. Not sure why I did it but you live and learn.

I am sorry you are unhappy with yours,., 38 now, and have thought long and hard on a subject to get my half sleeve and am very happy how it is coming out
but I understand where you are coming from.,., 23 is still pretty young for life long decisions.,. cause you are still a kid imho.,. you know what I mean.,., good luck :thumbsup:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I just got a half sleeve back in Feb and looking to do the other arm here soon. Looks good man

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
I dig it! Looks killer. Your second (current) tattoo artist is 1,000x better than the first when you had the small flag and the Chinese letters. BTW he did a great job covering those letters up.

Going to incorporate the Gadsden flag
"Don't tread on me"

adaa1f5e-a9e3-c999.jpg

Can't wait to see the Gadseden Flag, most people have no idea it was created before the stars and stripes. The Gadsden flag was the first flag carried into battle by the Colonists.

From wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadsden_flag

Considered one of the first flags of the United States, the flag was later replaced by the current Stars and Stripes (or Old Glory) flag. Since the Revolution, the flag has seen times of reintroduction as a symbol of American patriotism, a symbol of disagreement with government, or a symbol of support for civil liberties.

In fall 1775, the United States Navy was established to intercept incoming British ships carrying war supplies to the British troops in the colonies. To aid in this, the Second Continental Congress authorized the mustering of five companies of Marines to accompany the Navy on their first mission. The first Marines enlisted in the city of Philadelphia, and they carried drums painted yellow, depicting a coiled rattlesnake with thirteen rattles, and the motto "Don't Tread On Me." This is the first recorded mention of the future Gadsden flag's symbolism.
At the Congress, Continental Colonel Christopher Gadsden represented his home state of South Carolina. He was one of seven members of the Marine Committee who were outfitting the first naval mission.[6]
Before the departure of that first mission in December 1775, the newly appointed commander-in-chief of the Navy, Commodore Esek Hopkins, received the yellow rattlesnake flag from Gadsden to serve as the distinctive personal standard of his flagship. It was displayed at the mainmast.[6]
Gadsden also presented a copy of this flag to the Congress of South Carolina in Charleston, South Carolina. This was recorded in the South Carolina congressional journals on February 9, 1776:
Col. Gadsden presented to the Congress an elegant standard, such as is to be used by the commander in chief of the American Navy; being a yellow field, with a lively representation of a rattlesnake in the middle in the attitude of going to strike and these words underneath, "Don't tread on me."

Last edited:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I am sorry you are unhappy with yours,., 38 now, and have thought long and hard on a subject to get my half sleeve and am very happy how it is coming out
but I understand where you are coming from.,., 23 is still pretty young for life long decisions.,. cause you are still a kid imho.,. you know what I mean.,., good luck :thumbsup:

Everyone is different. I got my first when I was 21 and I'm 29 now. I don't regret any of them as they all mean something to me.

I dig it! Looks killer. Your second (current) tattoo artist is 1,000x better than the first when you had the small flag and the Chinese letters. BTW he did a great job covering those letters up.

Can't wait to see the Gadseden Flag, most people have no idea it was created before the stars and stripes, it was the first flag carried into battle by Colonists.

Here is my Gadsden flag half sleeve...

2be670cc-1.jpg

b625e9a4.jpg

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Everyone is different. I got my first when I was 21 and I'm 29 now. I don't regret any of them as they all mean something to me.

Here is my Gadsden flag half sleeve...

2be670cc-1.jpg

b625e9a4.jpg

Yes,., looks great!!!! That is badass for sure :thumbsup:

Last edited:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
^ Sick! I love it

Yes,., looks great!!!!

Thanks guys. My idea for my other arm's sleeve is to keep both arms similiar in style. My uncle was killed in Vietnam and won the medal of honor. I'm going to have the section of the Vietnam wall with his name on it and the words "Live free or die". My artist should be able to come up with a sick design.

Users who are viewing this thread