Starting a Trucking Business, have a few questions.

Planter

Banned
Okay,

Is it worth it?

you'll never know until you try. Just remember if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

I'd ask around and find out how long they've been doing this, and how long they expect to continue doing this.

but no one ever made any money who didn't take a risk. You seem to be one of those guys that could touch a pile of shit, and it'd turn into a mountain of neatly stacked gold bricks, so eh, what the hell, go for it.

Good stuff,

I will start small then, doing maybe one load a night, gross 7k a week and hopefully pull 4k a week profit. Once I get 20k set back for repairs, then I may consider picking up more.

keep in mind, your truck will need maintenance, it'll break down when you least expect it to, and those breakdowns aren't cheap!

neither are tires and oil changes.

i'd at least do enough work to pull $10,000 a month, stick as much back as you can, pay what you need to pay as you need it, until you have a nice little security blanket in place to handle an emergency or a major breakdown, and then you can back off or increase your loads.

always prepare for the unexpected, because it likes to bite you in the ass when you least expect it to.

good luck. you can pay my student loans off after you get yours paid if you want, I won't be complaining or arguing any. :)

His Grace

Genesis 1:31
Established Member
Lol, you crack me up, but thank you for the encouragement.

The mud company has been around 20 years, and they have been through the boom and the bust before. Right now, its a boom like they have never seen before.

I am honestly very blessed to even have this opportunity. Truthfully, it is scary, to take out a 50k loan on something you have never done before, but I like Optimus Prime and watch alot of Transformers, does that count?

There is one thing I can humble admit, if I do something, I will do it to the best of my ability. If it is good quality service they ask for, well, I do that right now nursing, and I will do it for them.

As for the school loans? maybe we can talk about a small investment into the company to net you some monthly royalty checks ;-)

Have a good one Plantar!

you'll never know until you try. Just remember if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.

I'd ask around and find out how long they've been doing this, and how long they expect to continue doing this.

but no one ever made any money who didn't take a risk. You seem to be one of those guys that could touch a pile of shit, and it'd turn into a mountain of neatly stacked gold bricks, so eh, what the hell, go for it.

keep in mind, your truck will need maintenance, it'll break down when you least expect it to, and those breakdowns aren't cheap!

neither are tires and oil changes.

i'd at least do enough work to pull $10,000 a month, stick as much back as you can, pay what you need to pay as you need it, until you have a nice little security blanket in place to handle an emergency or a major breakdown, and then you can back off or increase your loads.

always prepare for the unexpected, because it likes to bite you in the ass when you least expect it to.

good luck. you can pay my student loans off after you get yours paid if you want, I won't be complaining or arguing any. :)

Users who are viewing this thread