Starting over

snakedoctor

Established Member
I’ve come to a point where I’m miserable with my career. I’m a Radiology director with a masters in healthcare administration. I’m 46 and thinking about starting over. Has anyone else done this with positive results? It’s to the point where I think I’d honestly be happier selling everything and work handing out buggies at Walmart.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve come to a point where I’m miserable with my career. I’m a Radiology director with a masters in healthcare administration. I’m 46 and thinking about starting over. Has anyone else done this with positive results? It’s to the point where I think I’d honestly be happier selling everything and work handing out buggies at Walmart.
Is it your career that is the problem, or where you work?

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
I did this recently. I’ve been in oil and gas forever it feels like.

but I realized it just wasn’t worth it anymore. Being on call 24/7, zero days off a year, being woken up all the time.. etc.

I’m now in environmental ( which seeing how the world is going... will get busier )

next week for instance . I work mon- tues.. off wed-fri

the week after, work mon- wed, off Thursday through Sunday.

I’ve realized time is way more valuable than money

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I mean its never too early to start over but would you be ok with any paycuts that may occur with a drastic change?

IA Shelby

Established Member
What is the feedback you are getting from employers that you have interviewed with in the past 18 months?

have you looked at the companies that manufacture and sell radiology equipment or a vendor that manages hi res prior authorizations for insurance companies? AIM is a specialty vendor in that space as I recall.

snakedoctor

Established Member
What is the feedback you are getting from employers that you have interviewed with in the past 18 months?

have you looked at the companies that manufacture and sell radiology equipment or a vendor that manages hi res prior authorizations for insurance companies? AIM is a specialty vendor in that space as I recall.

Not getting hardly any interviews. The handful that I’ve had ended up going with an internal applicant

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I did this recently. I’ve been in oil and gas forever it feels like.

but I realized it just wasn’t worth it anymore. Being on call 24/7, zero days off a year, being woken up all the time.. etc.

I’m now in environmental ( which seeing how the world is going... will get busier )

next week for instance . I work mon- tues.. off wed-fri

the week after, work mon- wed, off Thursday through Sunday.

I’ve realized time is way more valuable than money

mowing yards does not count as environmental work

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Have you tried LinkedIn?
Try contacting some headhunters or recruiters. A lot of them get paid by the company looking for candidates

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

C2tuck

Established Member
How about doing something totally different that you know you'll enjoy?

I'm opposite from 04GT, I didn't get into the oilfield until I was in my early 30's and haven't looked back, but I don't have the schedule he described either. I pretty much watch Netflix, play X-box or look for the end of the internet all day and get paid a shitload to do it. I actually enjoy the work when Its time to work though.

If you could do anything...starting tomorrow...what would that be?

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
How about doing something totally different that you know you'll enjoy?

I'm opposite from 04GT, I didn't get into the oilfield until I was in my early 30's and haven't looked back, but I don't have the schedule he described either. I pretty much watch Netflix, play X-box or look for the end of the internet all day and get paid a shitload to do it. I actually enjoy the work when Its time to work though.

If you could do anything...starting tomorrow...what would that be?

control room ? Lol

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Go be a cop. Make $100k easily and have great benefits and retirement pension worth $1 million dollars if not way more! Surely won't be boring.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread