crazywhiteboy90

Established Member
I have a 68 mustang coupe with a 289. Ive been having tons of problems lately but sorted alot of them out. My one problem now is starting it. It use to start perfectly fine but one day just crapped out. I than figured it might be starter solenoid since it was the original one. I replaced the starter solenoid and also put in a brand new ignition switch and still nothing. I have the "I" and "S" wires on the solendoid connected correctly and have numberous diagrams and still nothing. If i take the "I" wire and connect it to the "S" terminal the engine begins to fire up because its recieving constant power but when they are connected correctly turning the key does nothing. Accessory and power all work on the ignition switch just actually cranking the motor is the only problem. I havent tested it with a volt meter yet which im hopefully going to do tomorrow. Is there a possibility that the ignition switch even though its brand new isnt feeding power to solenoid? Or maybe the neutral safety switch? Any help would be appreciated because I have no clue whats going on with this thing. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread