State Patrol Top Speed

JMoraru

Established Member
My roommates and I got into a conversation and it ended up with how fast a state patrol car can go in a pursuit. The claim is that a State Patrol Dodge Magnum will reach 206mph and that it has actually been done and that a Charger will reach 195mph. I think there is not a chance those cars will reach anywhere near that speed. Maybe their "gear ratio" equals out too it, but i highly doubt i would ever see a GSP going over 150mph. So, is this actually possible or are they retarded?

bscarberry

Established Member
Yes it is entirely possible

500x_Best_9C1_BlackSheep.jpg

WHOA NITROUS OXIDE BOOSTERS!!!!

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
lol no fn way first off they would need at least around 800+ hp and a whole lot better aero
your friends are smokin crack

JMoraru

Established Member
lol no fn way first off they would need at least around 800+ hp and a whole lot better aero
your friends are smokin crack

thats what i have been saying. since when do state patrols roll around will built motors and boost?

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
Arizona State Patrol cars (my Crown Vic, anyways) has a top speed of about 135mph. Like others have said though, you can't outrun a radio. The Phoenix helo's come in handy as well in these types of situations.

F8L BYT

Established Member
Arizona State Patrol cars (my Crown Vic, anyways) has a top speed of about 135mph. Like others have said though, you can't outrun a radio. The Phoenix helo's come in handy as well in these types of situations.

Agreed. From what I have heard the Mustang Highway patrol cars and they have the stock motor and everything.

bullitt 3572

Established Member
I am stationed here in GA and someone told me a HUGE LIE just last week. They said that the GA state patrol had a Dodge Viper just for pursuits up I95. LOL! Yeah right!!

WVFord

Established Member
don't be so sure, check around Kingsland, they may have had a Viper for police, it could have been a DARE car

VenomRogue

Focus > Mustang
Established Member
Alot of departments have specialized cars, that are usually seized.

I read an article about a year ago, forgot where, but the department had a modd'ed Terminator Cobra, that even with the emissions stuff re-installed, still put out 560'ish whp. Was taken from someone who street raced and got caught like 4-5 times.

In Oklahoma, the highway patrol has Hayabusa bikes.

here in texas, dallas sheriffs have an old LX 5.0 drag car. In Montgomery county, they have a supercharged corvette.

I myself, was personally pulled over by a modded camaro (this was 13-14 yrs ago though).

There are ALOT of "undercover" cars out there that would surpise the hell out of you when the cherries and berries light up.

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
We all know pretty much every State Police Agency has a whole gamete of specialized cars capable of higher speeds. He's talking about the top speed of a normal patrol car (in this case, a Charger/Magnum).

ririck

Schrute Farms Beets
Established Member
Ive seen pictures of an 03 Cobra cop car located in NC before. I also know of a corvette cruiser located here in WV due to a program called " beat the heat" It's cops who build their own cruisers, patrol with them, then take them to the track on the weekend for people who want to race cops.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
When I had my 06 Dodge Charger I personally topped out at 152 mph before it cut out. I was never out run by anything.
I remember being way behind in a pursuit towards San Antonio on IH 10. I caught up with the pursuit and became the lead officer. All I did was pull right beside them and point the roscoe. They decided to stop.

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
Newer Crown Vic, Slick Top = 130 - 135mph
Impala, Slick Top = 125 - 130mph
Charger V6, Slick Top = 130 - 140mph
Charger Hemi, Slick Top = 140 - 150mph

Anybody that claims more, is doing it downhill, on a super straight road, with a tail wind.

sc98cbra

Established Member
Ive seen pictures of an 03 Cobra cop car located in NC before. I also know of a corvette cruiser located here in WV due to a program called " beat the heat" It's cops who build their own cruisers, patrol with them, then take them to the track on the weekend for people who want to race cops.

Oh yeah... They got one. Along with a 350Z. I wonder if WV insures the LEO's personal vehicles..?

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
Newer Crown Vic, Slick Top = 130 - 135mph
Impala, Slick Top = 125 - 130mph
Charger V6, Slick Top = 130 - 140mph
Charger Hemi, Slick Top = 140 - 150mph

Anybody that claims more, is doing it downhill, on a super straight road, with a tail wind.

^^^ This

03venum

Never enough HP
Established Member
It was in the paper not to long ago that a county in the Tri ad area had a brand new Z06 that had been seized and they were using it on the highway around there.

Users who are viewing this thread