Status of my engine

Oxford Snake

Established Member
As many of you have heard, shortly after getting the car running with the new turbo kit I had an engine failure where all oil pressure was lost and a knock developed. Well I finally got the motor pulled out and torn down. As I had suspected the oil pump gave out, the housing is cracked and the drive gear is broken in a couple places.

Parting out - let me know if you are interested in anything

img1001nr7.jpg

img0999hn9.jpg

img1000kv6.jpg

img1009oy4.jpg

img1010ob9.jpg

img1011og9.jpg

img1004gd6.jpg

img1007pc9.jpg

img1006sw8.jpg

img1005mo2.jpg

img1012fq8.jpg

img1008fn7.jpg

img1013ah2.jpg

Last edited:

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
Motor looks nice and clean.

Will be a great upgrade for a Mach/2V guy looking to step up.

shznit

shznit
Established Member
Hey Dave.. here's that article I was telling you about with the Hellion install.

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/mmfp_0605_hellion_turbo_install/index.html

Check this out.... 847hp & 789lb-ft of torque w/16 degrees of timing & 24lbs of boost? How in the hell do they pull that off with 91 octane requirements (although they added in some race fuel for good measure).

"A few gallons of race fuel were mixed in with the 91-octane pump gas. This was used as a safeguard when tuning the Cobra's ECU for optimum performance. Maximum timing during all testing was 16 degrees. The low ignition timing didn't even come close to requiring anything but the 91-octane fuel, but we weren't taking any chances."

shznit

shznit
Established Member
That's what I thought.. especially since no one is even close to their numbers... and that article is like 2 years old now. WTF....

scooter5

Established Member
with oil pump poopin, what kinda damage is we lookin at? and what $$?
also, why are you sellin?/ vs. rebuild?

enquiring minds need to know.......

scooter, wit the extra fast oxford white hotrod........ because we all know????????

Oxford Snake

Established Member
with oil pump poopin, what kinda damage is we lookin at? and what $$?
also, why are you sellin?/ vs. rebuild?

enquiring minds need to know.......

scooter, wit the extra fast oxford white hotrod........ because we all know????????

The damage appears to be minimal but some guys on Mod Fords pointed out the discoloration of the crank/rods and say it's due to excessive heat when the motor ran dry. I am going to tear down the shortblock today for further inspection.

As for why sell over rebuild; it's almost Summer and the car has been down for almost 6 months already, I just want to drive it.

Oxford Snake

Established Member
I was able to completely tear down the shortblock and found that cylinders 1,2,5,and 6 got excessively hot when the oil quit flowing. The front 4 rods and crank are discolored and the front 2 rod journals are pretty scarred.

Looking to part out the bare block, heads, cam covers, and other misc parts. Let me know if you are interested in anything.

Thanks,

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread