Steeda Competition #850-1050 progressive rate springs. Front only.

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
I got them from another SVTp member. I put them in the car for one autox event and one open track event. The springs feel great...not too stiff for stock 03 Cobra Bilsteins. I have 03 Stock isolators on them, and they are in excellent shape. I'm selling because I wanted an adjustable ride height and went with coil overs in the front. Great for the street, autox, and OT. Make brake dive a thing of the past! :)

$120 shipped.

I don't have pics at the moment, but I can get them and have them emailed to anyone that is interested by tonight..

Last edited:

TroyV

Established Member
Yes, they will fit fine. You won't have to make any changes, though you may want run a stiffer strut than stock if you don't already have one on there.

TroyV

Established Member
This is a race spring so it is not as much as say H&R SS springs.

Go here: http://www.tta89.net/cars/Troy/index.html

The first set of pics is where the car has the 7 spoke MB weapon wheels mounted. That is with these springs installed with the stock isolators in place. It would be about 3/8" lower without the isolators.

Last edited:

98powerstang

Established Member
Whats the lowest you are willing to take? Do I need to have a stiffer strut? If I dont get stiffer strut what will happen?

TroyV

Established Member
I think 100 shipped is more than reasonable. These springs are considerably stiffer than a stock Cobra spring. The stock 03 Cobra spring is 600# linear. I thought the 99+ Cobra had a lighter spring than that, though I could be wrong. You can run the strut you have, but the spring will probably be under dampened, and you consequently will not enjoy the ride at all.

TroyV

Established Member
The springs are yours for 100 shipped if you want them. I can have them boxed and shipped on Monday. I'll PM the details..

I run Brembo 00R's.. See sig pic above.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
TroyV said:
I run Brembo 00R's.. See sig pic above.
Any clearance problems with the weapons? I have the 17 inch weapons that are about 1/2 wider than the stock 03 tires. I was looking at Wilwood's 6 piston calipers but they are 1,800 dollars!

TroyV

Established Member
The weapons have WAY more clearance than 95R's do. I'd say there is almost an inch from the spoke to the face of the caliper.

http://www.tta89.net/cars/Troy/index.html

Right off the bat you will see the MB's mounted. I don't have any pic specifically showing the clearance, but it is a significant amount.....so no worries..

Also... I'm pretty sure the MB's are not a half inch wider, but have an offset that is 10mm farther out. I had to deal with that as I thought there might be some rubbing, but as it turned out there was none.

Last edited:

TroyV

Established Member
Shipped as of about 20 minutes ago. See your PM's for the tracking number.

Users who are viewing this thread