Steeda IRS Bracket

Mi Diablo

Need2Speed Racer
Established Member
Anyone done this??

I just purchased mine yesterday, received it today. I'm going to try and get around to doing this, the IRS Bushings from Steeda, as well as the 14MM Bolts, and Steeda Lowering Springs this weekend.... Fingers crossed! :)

But I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on install?! Or had any other items to suggest, while I'm in that area of the vehicle??!! Basically, I'm not going to a Road Course w/her - just like her to have the ability to go! I'm more of a Drag/Roll Racer - and want to do all that I can to eliminate the IRS Wheel Hop, without ditching it for a Solid Axle! :rolling:

IRSsubframebrackeet-150.jpg

From Www.Steeda.Com

Here is another thread about this, from another Mustang Forum:
http://www.modfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13369

Thanks guys!

JP

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
We've installed 2 of them already and both people have been very happy with the results. It does as much as a good set of subframe connectors.

Robb03

Established Member
Love them. I cannot generate any wheel hop on any wet surfaces anymore. I used to jump around like a rabbit on speed and now I don't have any. I have just had them a few days, but that was the first thing I tested. Cornering has also improved. All cobras must have these and the subframes (for the coupes).

Mi Diablo

Need2Speed Racer
Established Member
So I've already got the brackets, it seems the general consensus is to spread it out and add a few additional holes.. As in some of the pics on the ModFords Thread..

I've also got the Steeda IRS Bushings, 14MM Bolts, and Steeda Springs which I got to get all put in ASAP.. I guess then my next mod would have to make way for the SubFrame Connectors..

Can't wait, then it's Predator Tune, 315 BFG's on 10.5" AFS Replica, and then we're going from a DIG against anyone boys!! :) Can't wait! Thanks for the 411 guys!

JP

04gambitcobra

Established Member
awesome please posts pics when your done or stop by the Lifestyles Gym on amberly some time

jordanvraptor

Established Member
Here's a question. Do you weld on these brackets with the weight of the car on the frame or on the wheels? Due to position I'd say you can't weld with the wheels on so should the brace be welded on with the IRS "unloaded" so to speak. Could you rest the car on its lower control arm / A arm suspension?

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
Originally posted by jordanvraptor
Here's a question. Do you weld on these brackets with the weight of the car on the frame or on the wheels? Due to position I'd say you can't weld with the wheels on so should the brace be welded on with the IRS "unloaded" so to speak. Could you rest the car on its lower control arm / A arm suspension?

I made my own brackets and welded them on when I did the MM IRS bushings and the IRS frame was dropped. Polyurethane should not be heated beyond 250 degrees so I did not want to weld the brackets in with the IRS connected to the car. I also welded a 3/8 steel bar on the steel brackets in line with the IRS bolt for some added strength and tapped the holes for the bolts into this bar to keep the bolts tight and to help prevent elongation over time.

cbrtrx

Established Member
keep in mind with the steeda lowering springs your car will sit a little high in the back , unless you like that look i would recomend removing the lower isolaters to get a more level stance, just my opinion

davidmax

Established Member
I had traction bars along with my (now new 12 Pt. Cage).These bars were designed by the engineering dept. of my partner Shm,Seanhylandmotorsport.com/They were so KEWL on the IRS felt no different than my live 8.8" live axle 4:10 setup.
Someone should contact Sean and see if the templates still exist,being the pack rat Sean is I would bet this would be the best rear mod along with HAL KQ10 coil over rears and front suspension is getting ready for total rebuild this will be a 8 second car with great reliability and staying power,and sound levels would knock it from street legal in a heartbeat.
The best of luck and safe fun driving at high velocities to all,Dave Smilovic/XTREME MOTORSPORTS,truly the most integrity out there and #'s to match.Dave S.

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Originally posted by Bingo13
A cheap copy of the Mathis bracket. :nonono:

....Except that Mathis now works for Steeda.

so is this one of his first products for them? :shrug:

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
We welded them in with the car in the air on both sets, the only issue would be wether or not to remove the fuel cell because its right there when you are welding! Other than that the results have been awesome.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Any forseeable crap coming from the dealer for warranty issues from this mod?

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
Don't see why. Ford should have done this in the first place!

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Can you have the brace welded to the inner fender instead or in addition to bolting it. I don't see those bolts being to secure.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
yes. also note that since he arrived they dropped a lot of their "joke" products [bolt on carbon fiber subframe connectors] and improved a lot of their regular fare such as quadrabind control arms and c/c plates.

Originally posted by MidLifeC
....Except that Mathis now works for Steeda.

so is this one of his first products for them? :shrug:

Silver10thAConv

Established Member
I wouldn't weld it to the inner fender in addition because you wouldn't be able to remove the IRS subframe for maint. I'm going to fab. my own. I went to the local metal supply place and they sold me a box of scraps for $10 and a couple of the pieces where perfect for this. I was thinking about welding the nuts to a piece of steel which could then be welded to the inside of the inner fender(aka trunk). That would spread the load out and it couldn't move. A trade off is you don't have to hold the bolt with a wrench in the wheel well while you try to tighten the nut.

Users who are viewing this thread