Steeda pulleys

JBejarano

Established Member
I have them installed on my 99 cobra. I have not dynoed it yet, I really should have, but haven't done it yet. Though I did feel that it was stronger. How much stronger I cant say, but stronger none the less.

Matt_Sterbator

Established Member
I have them on my 99. I noticed a difference, especially in throttle response it seems. Right where these motors are really lacking.

Can't say how much of an improvement, I dynoed the next day, but it was the first time since I dynoed it stock, and I had a few other goodies also. I will say they prolly are the things that nudged me over the 300rwhp mark.

98yellowcobra

Established Member
does anyone have those pullies on a 96-98 cobra? are the power gains good? how about the reliablity? oh, and don't pullies take power away from the alternator?

key

Established Member
There is a tech article on the Corral.net that talks about putting pulleys on a '98 (maybe 97) Cobra. They put pulleys and MAF on at the same time and found a 25RWHP peak gain.

Zach

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
I've heard the pullies aren't worth it (in terms of power gained) for the effect they have on the cooling and charging system. just what i've heard. that's why your car doesn't have 'em Zach.

key

Established Member
The '94 I had before had pulleys, and I did not like them. It didn't seem to hurt cooling, but my voltage dropped a lot. I didn't really notice much a gain, either.

And Hamilton, I am slightly upset that you got rid of the '01 headlamps!! :cryying:

I would've loved those.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by key
The '94 I had before had pulleys, and I did not like them. It didn't seem to hurt cooling, but my voltage dropped a lot. I didn't really notice much a gain, either.

And Hamilton, I am slightly upset that you got rid of the '01 headlamps!! :cryying:

I would've loved those.

Sorry, for some reason they didn't seem as bright when driving at night, but the '01 cobra seems to have much brighter headlight than the other ones I had on the '99.
Oh and I know what you mean about the 5.0 pullies. I had them on my '95, and I had to turn up the idle a little to get it to charge right.

ragansrcobra99

That R has a CLOCK?!?
Established Member
just put pullies on a couple of weeks ago, haven't noticed a cooling or charging problem. took the bassani xpipe off and put on an off road h pipe, noticed (by the butt dyno) an increase, throttle response improved also. i live in the south, we're still getting warm during the day here, so i wouldn't say it's staying cool based on the weather. i held off for the longest on putting the pullies on, glad i did now...

Users who are viewing this thread